Football Manager Type Game

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
nikosdoykas
Over Heated PSU

Re: Football Manager Type Game

Post by nikosdoykas »

a version for old ql with 68008 and 512k????

Tesla
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by Tesla »

Yes it is, but the match animation could be a little slow. However, originally, it was developed on a basic ql with 256 k of ram. The best configuration is QL + GC (or SGC). Try it, an update with the 2021/2022 season place is coming.

Best regards
Marco

Tesla
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by Tesla »

Sorry I forgot to say this: the current version works only with qemulator. But it was originally developed on BBQL. I have to bring it back to ql, but the black beast is in repair for a long time. I'm almost ready, then return the game to the QL it will be easy, even if the sound effects will be lost.

Ciao.
Marco

Tesla
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by Tesla »

Hi to all.
Here is the Football Manager update for Q-Emulator.
Install according to the statement of the post of 7/2/2021

Changes:
- Some graphic embellishments
- New teams and players of the italian championship
- Introduced in the animation of the match the header.
- Better management of the goalkeeper

To use new teams and players, you need to start a new game.
See you soon, have fun ;)
Marco
Attachments
Fmanager.zip
(3.21 MiB) Downloaded 77 times

RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

"blink_bin" seems to be the GigaSoft extensions, aren't they?

4E75 7000
Tesla
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by Tesla »

Yes it is.
Gigabasic from Gigasoft. At that time it was the only language extension to manage on Ql menus and sprites, I think it appeared before Digital Precision Sprite Generator, but I could be wrong. The manual said It was fully superchargeable, but I never succeded to compile it.
Anyway I am pretty able to master the sprites commands, so I prefer to use it. I took a look to the FSG estension from Frank Linder, it seems good, I must study it. The thing that really lacks is something similar that runs under SMSQ / E, taking advantage of the GD2. :(

Ciao.
Marco

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi Marco,

Nice Gootball programme, makes my feeble attempts conversion of the ZX Spectrum Football Manager programme inadequate.

I may continue wrestling with the Spectrum Basic, for entertainment.

Regards,

Derek
Tesla
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by Tesla »

Thanks Derek. I'm glad you like the game. Do not abandon your conversion of the original program, you are doing something that is certainly not easy. But that's the real fun. ;)
Tjhanks for the cable, you have a post.

Ciao.
Marco

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi Marco,

I have just got the graphics working on the QL, which is the Goal Mouths and Penalty areas.

It seems that the Spectrum PLOT command to similar to the QL POINT command and the Spectrum DRAW commad is similiar to the QL LINE_R command.

Instead of changing the Spectrum Basic keywords to QL S*Basic keywords, I wrote Procedures and Function to emulate the Spectrum keywords, for example:

DEFine PROCedure PLOT (x,y)
POINT #ch;x,y
END DEFine PLOT
:
DEFine PROCedure DRAW (x,y)
LINE_R #ch; 0,0 TO x,y
END DEFine DRAW

This seems trival, but it generated all the goal mouth graphics. Except for the small semi-circle on the Penalty Box, which the Spectrum LINE command allows a curved line parameter, I had to use an ARC command.

I just have to define the User Defined Graphics in a custom font loaded to QL 2nd font.

Regards,

Derek
Tesla
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by Tesla »

Derek said:
This seems trivial, but it generated all the goal mouth graphics. Except for the small semi-circle on the Penalty Box, which the Spectrum LINE command allows a curved line parameter, I had to use an ARC command.

I just have to define the User Defined Graphics in a custom font loaded to QL 2nd font.
It is not trivial, but the best manner to emulate on the QL the spectrum basic, if possible. Many years ago I tried too the same thing. The management (the animation of the match) of the UDG was my deadline. But I am not a great programmer, so I hope you can succeed.
However I had great fun in the attempt.

Ciao
Marco