Newer German Abacus (v2.45) discovered

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Re: Newer German Abacus (v2.45) discovered

Post by tofro »

I actually don't really see a point in checking for a German ROM in the software (other than trying to artificially limit its use to the computer it was bought with). There's, to my knowledge, no specific ROM utility that would only be available on German QLs, even character comparison routines are identical to my knowledge (i.e. "ä" and "Ä" is the same thing when doing case-independent comparison on a UK QL [ ("ä" == "Ä") = 1].

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
BSJR
Trump Card

Re: Newer German Abacus (v2.45) discovered

Post by BSJR »

tofro wrote:I actually don't really see a point in checking for a German ROM in the software (other than trying to artificially limit its use to the computer it was bought with). There's, to my knowledge, no specific ROM utility that would only be available on German QLs, even character comparison routines are identical to my knowledge (i.e. "ä" and "Ä" is the same thing when doing case-independent comparison on a UK QL [ ("ä" == "Ä") = 1].
It could still be a language problem. When I took over SuQcess - which executed fine on my UK-QL - I needed to rename the umluated Proc & FN names before I could run the S'Basic.

BSJR