QLSSS

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
Tesla
Bent Pin Expansion Port

QLSSS

Post by Tesla »

I'm doing some experiments with Q-emulator and the supported QLSSS. The configuration is JS rom 4 mb ram and gold card speed.
The device works great, but how it is possible to stop the sound when I want? I tried Lenerz soundfile, but it works only in SMSE, if I understand correctly. :cry:
Has anyone developed a function or procedure to achieve the goal?

Thanks to anyone who can help me.
Marco

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Re: QLSSS

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

Have you looked at Simon Goowin's SOUND4 driver in the QLSSS1.ZIP archive, this have been updated by Marcel, QLSSS1_v2e.zip, which detsils how to flush the sound buffer.

Regards,

Derek
tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

In case you have a SSS version that supports emptying the sample queue, (and TK2), then

Code: Select all

FLUSH \SOUND
(or whatever SOUNDx device you use) should work. Not all SSS implementations support this function, though.

Tobias

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
Tesla
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by Tesla »

Derek wrote: Hi,

Have you looked at Simon Goowin's SOUND4 driver in the QLSSS1.ZIP archive, this have been updated by Marcel, QLSSS1_v2e.zip, which detsils how to flush the sound buffer.
Tofro wrote:

FLUSH \SOUND
Yes I use the update version of Marcel, and I tried this (I took the idea from another thread of the forum):

DEF proc Killsound
open#5,sound
flush#5
close#5
end def Killsound
But it doesn't work, probably some mistake of mine. The program I'm writing uses this procedure when it needs to close the sound, then the attempt is done when the sound is still playing. Is it a correct approach?

Thank you guys.

Tesla
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by Tesla »

Maybe the TK2 version?
My Q-emulator works with 2.12 version (1985).

Ciao.
Marco

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

Tesla wrote:
Tofro wrote:

FLUSH \SOUND
Yes I use the update version of Marcel, and I tried this (I took the idea from another thread of the forum):
Amazing, I don't even remember doing this :D But there it is, interesting.
But it doesn't work, probably some mistake of mine. The program I'm writing uses this procedure when it needs to close the sound, then the attempt is done when the sound is still playing. Is it a correct approach?
Seems about right, it could be something with QemuLator. It's somewhat complicated to implement the SSSS on an emulator as the interface was solely targeted on the fairly... let's call it simple sound interface of the Q40. Try it on QPC2, I spent days trying to make it work as well as possible.

Marcel

Tesla
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by Tesla »

Marcel wrote:
Seems about right, it could be something with QemuLator. It's somewhat complicated to implement the SSSS on an emulator as the interface was solely targeted on the fairly... let's call it simple sound interface of the Q40. Try it on QPC2, I spent days trying to make it work as well as possible.
Marcel you are right, better use with QPC2, where all works good. Unfortunately I am perfecting a my old game that works only under qdos, and JM/JS roms, because it uses the notorius Gigabasic. This superbasic extension doesn't work under minerva or SMSQ (sigh!) so.....
Anyway I already have a passable solution, though it does not fully satisfy me.
In any case Marcel you have your head in too many things, if you do not remember all your job on the QL :D
I am joking of course.
Thanks to all of you for the help.

Marco

NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

mk79 wrote:Amazing, I don't even remember doing this :D But there it is, interesting
Welcome to my world! ;)

Cheers,
Norm. (I think!)

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.
Tesla
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by Tesla »

Norman wrote:
Cheers
Norm. (I think!)
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D