Alternatives to C68

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
RWAP
RWAP Master

Re: Alternatives to C68

Post by RWAP »

ql_freak wrote:
BTW: Does anyone has contact information from Erling Jacobsen? It would be great if we would have the source of the libs and the startup code.
I have his details and have sent him an email pointing him to this thread

ql_freak
Gold Card

Post by ql_freak »

RWAP wrote:
ql_freak wrote:
BTW: Does anyone has contact information from Erling Jacobsen? It would be great if we would have the source of the libs and the startup code.
I have his details and have sent him an email pointing him to this thread
M_Y___H_E_R_O_E_!

p.s.: The important thread is of course:

EJC (C-Compiler) experiments

http://peter-sulzer.bplaced.net
GERMAN! QL-Download page also available in English: GETLINE$() function, UNIX-like "ls" command, improved DIY-Toolkit function EDLINE$ - All with source. AND a good Python 3 Tutorial (German) for Win/UNIX :-)
LinuxCub
ROM Dongle

Post by LinuxCub »

ql_freak wrote: BTW: Does anyone has contact information from Erling Jacobsen? It would be great if we would have the source of the libs and the startup code.
Here I am: linuxcub@email.dk

All my QL stuff is in storage, and I do wonder if microdrives are going to work at all after such a long time.

Besides, after working on the EJC stuff, trying to compensate for the sorry libs that came with MCC, I discovered C68, and started participating in that project.

I would have thought that C68 was much better than MCC, at least that's how I remember it ... I do think that if there were parts of the C68 libs that I could improve upon, I would have done so, of course the C68 team may not have accepted my patches, and since I haven't followed C68 in forever, who knows how much of what little bits I contributed, are still there ?

All the best
Erling Jacobsen

PS: Does anyone have sources for a (modern) QL emulator for Linux ? The sources I have lying around are wayyyy too old for them to compile these days.

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Graeme Gregory (XorA on this forum) and others have done some work on updating uQLx in recent times.

Not sure where the sources are available, Github maybe? Or even if the up to date sources have been made available at all (I've been a bit removed from QL scene in recent months for all sorts of reasons). Worth a PM to XorA perhaps?

Dilwyn

pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

LinuxCub wrote:<>
PS: Does anyone have sources for a (modern) QL emulator for Linux ? The sources I have lying around are wayyyy too old for them to compile these days.
If by modern, you mean modern, then SMSQmulator is the one to go for. It doesnt do Qdos, but SMSQ/E, which is Qdos on steroids.

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
LinuxCub
ROM Dongle

Post by LinuxCub »

Hi

Thank you for your tip. But Java ... I was hoping for something written in C or similar (like the original uqlx, but without the assembly language bits which we surely don't need these days).

I'll have to explore the forum.

BR
Erling

pjw wrote:
LinuxCub wrote:<>
If by modern, you mean modern, then SMSQmulator is the one to go for. It doesnt do Qdos, but SMSQ/E, which is Qdos on steroids.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi Erling,

Try sQLux

Forum thread: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2604

Can downloaded as source::

https://github.com/SinclairQL/sQLux

Regards,

Derek
ql_freak
Gold Card

Post by ql_freak »

Welcome Erling!
LinuxCub wrote:
ql_freak wrote: BTW: Does anyone has contact information from Erling Jacobsen? It would be great if we would have the source of the libs and the startup code.
Here I am: linuxcub@email.dk

All my QL stuff is in storage, and I do wonder if microdrives are going to work at all after such a long time.
Unfortunately NOT :-( The problem are the felt pads of the microdrive cartridges, which will be destroyed if you try to read an old cartridge. Therefore I cannot read the original Lattice Compiler and I'm not sure, if I haven't patched the versions which I have stored on (floppy) disks.
LinuxCub wrote:Besides, after working on the EJC stuff, trying to compensate for the sorry libs that came with MCC, I discovered C68, and started participating in that project.

I would have thought that C68 was much better than MCC, at least that's how I remember it ...
C68 is of course better than EJC (C68 now is an ANSI C compiler), BUT IT DOES NOT CREATE REENTRANT ROMABLE CODE like EJC with the provided libraries (same problem with PDQC). C68 also has options to produce reentrant, ROMable code but tofro here wrote, that it has a bug in this mode (i.e. would not be usable with the EJC libraries - but we have the source!). Please read the thread "EJC (C-Compiler) experiments" in "Software & Programming". Eventually we can use the Atari Compiler from PDQC (which is nearly ANSI), but it calculates a wrong address for static data with the EJC libraries. Perhaps it's possible to "adjust" the startup code (for which I have had no source).

Unfortunately my holiday is over, so I have not so much time, to work on QDOS projects :-(

Ciao Peter

p.s.: For the Atari Lattice C compiler (newer, much better version 3.04) I have found a download site, but unfortunately not for the QL Lattice C (V3.01 or .02). Thanks to the PDQC TOS emulator, the Atari Lattice C 3.04 can be executed on QDOS (version 5.x unfortunately not correctly).

http://peter-sulzer.bplaced.net
GERMAN! QL-Download page also available in English: GETLINE$() function, UNIX-like "ls" command, improved DIY-Toolkit function EDLINE$ - All with source. AND a good Python 3 Tutorial (German) for Win/UNIX :-)