ARTice: Did anyone ever pay for the floppy modified version?

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
stephen_usher
Gold Card

ARTice: Did anyone ever pay for the floppy modified version?

Post by stephen_usher »

At the end of the ARTice MANUAL_doc it says:
Converting to floppy disc use.
The simplest method ia to use the toolkit command FLP_USE MDV to emulate microdrives or to use a convert utility which converts every occurrence of MDV to FLP etc. A conversion to flp or fdk on 3.5 in disc will be available direct for Eidersoft for the price of a guaranteed for life disc and handling charge, total £5.50.
Do you know if anyone ever bothered with this, or the floppy contents ever escaped into the wild?

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Re: ARTice: Did anyone ever pay for the floppy modified version?

Post by tofro »

stephen_usher wrote:At the end of the ARTice MANUAL_doc it says:
Converting to floppy disc use.
The simplest method ia to use the toolkit command FLP_USE MDV to emulate microdrives or to use a convert utility which converts every occurrence of MDV to FLP etc. A conversion to flp or fdk on 3.5 in disc will be available direct for Eidersoft for the price of a guaranteed for life disc and handling charge, total £5.50.
Do you know if anyone ever bothered with this, or the floppy contents ever escaped into the wild?
It should be a simple exercise for anyone familiar with a hex editor to do that change themselves.

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

stephen_usher wrote: Do you know if anyone ever bothered with this, or the floppy contents ever escaped into the wild?
I have a copy which runs from disk - not sure if I patched it or someone else did...

At least the program was SuperCharged, so we should be able to access the source now :)

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I used to load the binary file into The EditorSE and change MDV to FLP, worked quite well.

Probably now I would DEV device so that the DEV1 could defined before the programme started.

Has anyone tried to Decompile Artice?

Regards,

Derek