C68 out of memory -help

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Re: C68 out of memory -help

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I checked my setup on the Trump Card, which is C68 v4.5, is this v4.05 ?

I use the C68 Runtimes v4.24, from the QL Homepage, is there a more up to date C68 distribution?

Regards,

Derek
mhanias
Brittle Membrane

Post by mhanias »

Older versions can download from here

http://www.bighole.nl/pub/mirror/Englis ... ir/ql/c68/

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

Thank you the link, which contains C68 v4.20

I got a little confused with the C68 compiler and the C68 distribution version. I am using C68 distribution v4.25

Reading the C68 v4.25 doocumentation many times, it seems that v4.25 introduced different format of Llinker ouput formats.
The C68 LD Documentation wrote: The different linkers have used different standards for the way that they store relocation information in the output file. To allow maximum flexibility, the ld version 2.xx series has the ability to produce output that uses a variety of different formats:

- ld version 2.xx format that was introduced to support the RLL system. This format (which is the default) allows more information to be stored in the target file than earlier formats catered for.

- GST LINK format. This is the format produced by the traditional GST linker, and the more recent Quanta QLINK variant.

- ld version 1.xx. This is the format that was used by all versions of the c68 system prior to release 4.25.

If either of these last two formats are required, then the appropriate command line option must be used.

OPTIONS

The following command line options are available for use with the ld linker.

-fn The output format required. The values

available for 'n' are:
0 GST LINK or Quanta QLINK format
1 LD version 1.xx format
2 LD version 2.xx format
The default is LD version 2.xx format and probably why C68 v4.20 compikes Hello_World on a Trump Card, is that it is producing LD 1.xx format linker files.

So, in C68 v4.25, the -f1 switch should added to the command line or in the LD_OPTS environmental Variable.

Regards,

Derek
mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

I don't think what you call 4.25 ever left the beta stage, most people will use 4.24f or earlier. The new linker allocates the buffers dynamically and as such doesn't suffer from the problem, but IIRC it didn't work correctly last time I tried.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

Thank you for the clarification, after looking at my C68 installation, which v4.24 and I was reading the manual for v4.25

Which probably why the -f option on the LD command was not recognised.

Can the BUFP default be changed without using the option in the command line or LD_OPTS?

Regards,

Derek