Fileinfo2

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Fileinfo2

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I have just found a problem with Fileinfo2 and SuQcess database manager, runnjng on SMSQ/E v3.36

I was previousily using Fileinfo2 v3.40 and defined the Dbas data file in Fileinfo2 to load SuQcess v2.07E with the Dbas data file name on the Job Stack, so excuting the Dbas file should of loaded the dat file inti SuQcess v2.07e. But there was always a Not Found error message.

After muching searching, I found tgere was an update to Fileinfo2 v3.50, which when configured to load the Dbas data file into SuQcess v2.0e, worked as expected.

The Fileinfo2 manual says in the History section:

New configuration option added into the config block (for re-enabling the old PROC/FN names if absolutely needed).

Is this the difference in Fileinfo2 v3.50 and is something to do with the FEX keyword in SMSQ/E?

Regards,

Derek
pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Re: Fileinfo2

Post by pjw »

Derek_Stewart wrote:<>
New configuration option added into the config block (for re-enabling the old PROC/FN names if absolutely needed).

Is this the difference in Fileinfo2 v3.50 and is something to do with the FEX keyword in SMSQ/E?
It certainly is one of the differences. You should only configure FI2 to use FEX if absolutely necessary. FEX is deprecated in FI2 and replaced with FI2_FCALL, as FEX is used by SMSQ/E for the function version of EX, as in job_id = FEX(myjob). (Mea culpa.). Older versions of some programs may still use the old FI2's FEX. These are better updated, if possible.

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?