Lrun a SuperBasic prog from Qascade

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Lrun a SuperBasic prog from Qascade

Post by Chr$ »

Err, as the title suggests, how do you lrun a SuperBasic prog from a Qascade menu?

Is there a 'Key' to use in the qascade_rc file for that?

????;Prog Name;win1_path_progname_bas

https://QXL.WIN
Collector of QL related computers, accessories and QL games/software.
Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
martyn_hill
Aurora

Re: Lrun a SuperBasic prog from Qascade

Post by martyn_hill »

Hi Chr$

I'll attach my own qascade_rc (as a zip file to get through the forum attachment limitations), but in short, you can invoke an SBasic _bas file from Qascade using a line such as:

For SBasic (QPC):

Code: Select all

SBAS;Load SBLM;win1_tools_sbas_sblmInit_bas,con_784x80a16x512,con_300x496a500x16,con_484x496a16x16
For Minerva use instead the 'MBAS' keyword. i haven't tried that approach yet, as I only use Qascade in my QPC/SBasic environment today.

The three con_ definitions that appear at the end of that example entry are optional.

Worth reviewing the 'qascade_txt' file that you should find in the Qascade distribution, but I needed to experiment a little to get the SBAS keyword working as desired.

Good luck.
Attachments
qascade_rc.zip
(1.58 KiB) Downloaded 97 times

Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

Thanks very much, as simple as that!

I don't think I ever had a qascade text file (on the Tetroid TDI device). And it took me a while to work out today that the qascade_rc file is the file that defines the menu stuff! I found details about that in an original old review by Tim Swenson as a quill doc but wasn't sure if the SBAS key would just load a prog or load it and run it (in the doc I have it says that it 'starts an SBASIC session'. I'll have a play - that's always the best way.

Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
martyn_hill
Aurora

Post by martyn_hill »

Hi again Chr$

I'd then recommend downloading the full package from Dilwyn's site (under the 'Front Ends' section) - there's also an updated version (1s14 - modeified by MK) there, which I use.

There's examples and other documentation in there worth reading :-)

Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

Thanks very much, don't know why I hadn't found that, I've spent most of today on Dilwyn's site. I always seem to get in a muddle but am slowing getting my head round certain things - it only took me about a year to work out what that 'Start' button is (e.g. that it has nothing to do with QPAC(2)), where it comes from, and how to change/define it!

I will add some menu options of things I use regularly and then I'll attempt to understand more about configuring FileInfo2.