Problem with Minerva on QLAY2 running at slow speed

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Problem with Minerva on QLAY2 running at slow speed

Post by bwinkel67 »

I usually use QLAY2 with JS ROM as that is the default. Sometimes I use JSU ROM to see how my program looks on my QL. Since I've read that Minerva speeds things up I decided to give it a try: MINERVA198.ROM.

Well it behaves very oddly. It loads my executable if running at faster than BBQL speed (say 4 to 5 times) but when I slow it down to normal speed it refuses to load the executable and instead gives me a "bad or changed medium."

I find that QLAY2 with speed 120 and delay 1200 comes pretty close to the BBQL speed and with JS and JSU I can read my executable but Minerva fails. When I run with speed 1000 and delay 120 all rom images load the executable successfully. Everything else on QLAY2 is the same, giving 8MB of memory and extending the environment with TK2.ROM and NFA.ROM and using MDV2...perhaps there is a conflict with one of these and Minerva but odd that it only appears when slowing the speed of QLAY2.

Also, it not only won't load it but it screws up QLAY2 where it won't work in Windows anymore (I usually only get this type of behavior from QLAY2 when I try to read something from WIN that is too big).

bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Re: Problem with Minerva on QLAY2 running at slow speed

Post by bwinkel67 »

Getting rid of TK2.ROM and NFA.ROM and reducing the memory to 640 didn't fix it.