QLWARZ 02

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
dilwyn
Mr QL

QLWARZ 02

Post by dilwyn »

Per Witte has released version 02 of his QLWARZ utility to stretch, refresh, or defragment a hard drive on QPC2. As there is no way to extend a QXL.WIN filing container, this program takes the next best approach and formats a new one with a different capacity and copies directories and files over to the new QXL.WIN.

Version 02 now supports 20 character medium names. The reason this requires an update is that, after many years, some versions of SMSQ/E (eg SMSQmulator) now do the right thing and take the length count word into consideration, meaning that in most cases you are no longer limited to a 10 character medium name.

Per explains in the readme file with the software that some BASIC commands may still truncate the 20 character names to 10 characters, as they ignore the word length count (e.g. DMEDIUM_NAME$ and STAT), as well as QPAC2 Files menu, although he hopes that these will be updated in due course.

Download QLWARZ v02 from http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/utils/index.html

pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Re: QLWARZ 02

Post by pjw »

Thanks for hosting this, Dilwyn.
I should point out that although the program only runs on QPC2 at present, it can be used to prepare
QXL.WIN virtual disks for any platform that supports them, like SMSQmulator, Q-emulator, Q68,..

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

pjw wrote:Thanks for hosting this, Dilwyn.
I should point out that although the program only runs on QPC2 at present, it can be used to prepare
QXL.WIN virtual disks for any platform that supports them, like SMSQmulator, Q-emulator, Q68,..
A note about this has been added to the description on the web page.

Cristian
Aurora

Post by Cristian »

Great job Per!

pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

Thank you, gentlemen.

Per
dont be happy. worry