EasyCircuit v2.01 (German) now Freeware

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Re: EasyCircuit v2.01 (German) now Freeware

Post by Derek_Stewart »

HI,

Here is the Englidh version in MS Word DOCX format.
ECHANDBUCH.de.en.docx.zip
Translated English version in WORD 365 DOCX format
(21.26 KiB) Downloaded 97 times

Regards,

Derek
Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

Derek_Stewart wrote:HI,

Here is the English version in MS Word DOCX format.
Making corrections now....

So far there was 'Pointer virus' instead of 'pointer environment', 'corpse' instead of 'gleiche' (the 'g' was missing so it was actually 'Leiche' in German!) and I've just seen 'Operation' translated as 'surgery', which is also quite amusing.

The surgery came too late for the corpse!

Native German speakers, please give me a chance to check this file. I know you'd all be done it a flash, but I got this!

https://QXL.WIN
Collector of QL related computers, accessories and QL games/software.
Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I have read the translation again and as you stated, there are some spelling and grammatical errors, which I have corrected.

I will have to get the programme running to see the correct phrasing in the manual. Which I will post here when I have done this.

Regards,

Derek
Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

Please use this one Derek, I've been through it, changed a lot of things around for it to make sense in English, removed errors that were a result of OCR or google translate etc.

But I didn't compare it with the actual running program itself, so am not sure if the things it refers to are 100% correct. Text formatting is also a bit off in places and it's not perfect at all, but it is now entirely understandable, I think!
Attachments
(35.06 KiB) Downloaded 204 times

Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I have reformatted the Easycircuit manual, the MS Word really messed it up. I have put in a few tables to simplify the presentation.

I am just proof reading it to see if it makes sense. However a running programme would maybe verify this.

Regards,

Derek
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I had a look at the EC2.11 source code, there looks like name clashes with DBAS database extensions, on EC2.11 variables, COUNT, FOUND. So I renamed all these to: counta and founda

However when trying to compile with Qlib, there is an error message saying no End Select at line9820, which the end of the procedure.

On further investigation, there are nested Select statements, which could be out order.

So still looking at the code.

Regards,

Derek
Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

Derek_Stewart wrote:Hi,

I had a look at the EC2.11 source code, there looks like name clashes with DBAS database extensions, on EC2.11 variables, COUNT, FOUND. So I renamed all these to: counta and founda

However when trying to compile with Qlib, there is an error message saying no End Select at line9820, which the end of the procedure.

On further investigation, there are nested Select statements, which could be out order.

So still looking at the code.
Thanks Derek,

It will be nice to have a version that runs on all (or as many as possible) QL platforms.

NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

Derek_Stewart wrote:...MS Word really messed it up.
I think that's its job! In my last three contract Word insisted on messing up just about all my formatting. It ciuldn't even read back in a file just saved without breaking something.

In the end I used Sphinx and Asciidoctor, along with Pandoc to convertmy text based files into PDF and Word documents. Bonus, I was able to properly version control the source files.

Cheers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.