Simone's mdump is excellent and I'd have never have managed to recover (most) of my original cartridges to images without it. Anyway, here's how it was done...
I put the mdump floppy image on a USB drive and put it into my Flashfloppy'd Gotek and booted my QL+SGC clone from it.
After several iterations and a couple of Microdrive drive swaps mdump finally read all the sectors and created the image inside the floppy image.
I was then able to copy the floppy image off the USB drive and onto the hard disk of my Mac, where I ran SMSQulator, setting up an NFA drive and mounting the image as flp1_. I was then able to copy it onto the Mac filesystem without a Q-Emulator header.
Now I was able to add a ".mdv" extension to the filename, copy it onto the SD card and set up a "bank" in the VDRIVE.CFG file:
Code: Select all
I could then put it into the vDriveQL, turn off the Gotek, boot the QL into the vDriveQL utilities built-in MDV, set the bank to "pharaoh", res_128 (as the game only runs on a 128K machine) and...