More vDrive Games

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
dilwyn
Mr QL

More vDrive Games

Post by dilwyn »

Neal Card has kindly prepared a further 19 MDV images of QL games for use with the vDrive system.

The list includes 3DOxo, Attack Of Things, Bugs Bomb, Psion Chess, Froggy, Gunner, Pacman, Paladin, Pudge, QBall, Q-Bert, Q-Games (including Darts), Space Invaders, Space Pods, Space Raid, Starburst, Starport 2001, Wipeout and Zapman.

The images are 171KB each to download individually, or may be downloaded all in one go as a 350KB zip file from the same page.

The page is at http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/vdrive/index.html

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Re: More vDrive Games

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

The vDriveQL MDV images can be read on QLAY and Q-Emulator directly or converted on non vDriveQL systems with MDI.

I have converted all these MDV images to run on the Q68 with the CONVERT2_MDI command.

Regards,

Derek
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Derek_Stewart wrote:Hi,

The vDriveQL MDV images can be read on QLAY and Q-Emulator directly or converted on non vDriveQL systems with MDI.

I have converted all these MDV images to run on the Q68 with the CONVERT2_MDI command.
Thanks for explaining this Derek.

I've added your converted zip files of the MDI images to the vDrive page so that users of systems such as Q68 which don't support the ".MDV" format can use the ".MDI" versions with Martin Head's MDI driver software.

Outsoft
Super Gold Card

Post by Outsoft »

dilwyn wrote:Neal Card has kindly prepared a further 19 MDV images of QL games for use with the vDrive system.

The list includes 3DOxo, Attack Of Things, Bugs Bomb, Psion Chess, Froggy, Gunner, Pacman, Paladin, Pudge, QBall, Q-Bert, Q-Games (including Darts), Space Invaders, Space Pods, Space Raid, Starburst, Starport 2001, Wipeout and Zapman.

The images are 171KB each to download individually, or may be downloaded all in one go as a 350KB zip file from the same page.

The page is at http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/vdrive/index.html
The dumps comes from original cartridges or are only adaptations?

jll745562
ROM Dongle

Post by jll745562 »

Hi All,

I've recently been working on my own microdrive emulator (just for fun!) - and it's been working well on various .mdv files I've tried that have been posted here in the past (eg. cavern.mdv & GamesCart.mdv), and with .mdv files created with mdvtool.
However, these (vDrive) .mdv files don't work, and when I examine them with mdvtool, it reports that the block header checksums are incorrect.
So, do vDrive .mdv files handle the block checksums differently to the standard microdrive checksums, or is there something I'm missing / not understanding?

Jason.

jll745562
ROM Dongle

Post by jll745562 »

Ok, a quick update to this - I've modified mdvtool to correct the block checksums and I can now read the .mdv files.
It's strange that the block checksums are incorrect, but the data header and data checksums are fine - they all use the same algorithm.
Anyway, the problem is solved, if not the cause.

Jason.

greenscreen
ROM Dongle

Post by greenscreen »

jll745562 wrote:Ok, a quick update to this - I've modified mdvtool to correct the block checksums and I can now read the .mdv files.
It's strange that the block checksums are incorrect, but the data header and data checksums are fine - they all use the same algorithm.
Sorry to reply to such an old post but I can't contact you directly. Did you ever post this newer version of mdvtool? I have the older one you attached.

jll745562
ROM Dongle

Post by jll745562 »

greenscreen wrote:
jll745562 wrote:Ok, a quick update to this - I've modified mdvtool to correct the block checksums and I can now read the .mdv files.
Sorry to reply to such an old post but I can't contact you directly. Did you ever post this newer version of mdvtool? I have the older one you attached.
Hi greenscreen, I've not been on this forum for a while, so I've only just seen your post. I've attached the most recent version of mdvtool.
Attachments
mdvtool.zip
(7.41 KiB) Downloaded 95 times