EDSPR under QPC2 doesn't work

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
RalfR
Aurora

Re: EDSPR under QPC2 doesn't work

Post by RalfR »

Hi Derek,

thank you very much, this works in QPC2. What was the cure? If a clean QPC2 ist started, #5 and #6 are definitely not used. Seems your first OUTLN does it?!

Yes, the code is...hmm, sometimes a bit strange, also the Operation and "out of range" errors, if you click too right..

Nevertheless, I ask myself, why it runs in SMSQmulator....?

4E75 7000
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi Ralf,

I suppose, channels 5, 6 could be left explicitly defined, assuming another programme does not use them.

I do not think it matter if the installation of QPC2 is fresh or not. Since all the open channels can displayed at any time.

I prefer to open the next available channel in the channel table using the Tooklit 2 FOPEN command. Leaving channels 0,1,2 for SBASIC. Just a matter of style.

I will look into the out range error.

I a little puzzled by PROCedure 'shbin' sarting at Line 4480, which prints the sprite array data to chaanel #3, but is never called anywhere in the main programme.

Regards,

Derek
RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

Derek_Stewart wrote:I a little puzzled by PROCedure 'shbin' sarting at Line 4480, which prints the sprite array data to chaanel #3, but is never called anywhere in the main programme.
shbin starts at 4570 ;) . I love those abbreviations, found in the whole program. Why not call it "Show_Binary". All those names like "clrspr" for "Clear_Sprite". Would be interresting to know, who has written it, TT or JO. I fear, he could not understand the code after all those years... :D

A problem is the r_ptr loop. it just quits, if you have touched a button. I thought of printing a rectangular on a cell, if the pointer touch it (and XOR it, when you leave it, just like a Loose Menu Item in WMAN), but for that, you have to multiply a few things, which are used at other places, where the cell is marked with a new color etc.. You have to know where you are in the window, but that is not important in r_ptr.

BTW: A rectangular can easily be printed with the "RECT" procedure of Pyramids Graphic Toolkit. I have extracted this little procedure from the code, if someane wants to use it.

4E75 7000
RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

Ok, EDSPR runs under QPC2. The problem is the line "compiled=JOB$(-1)<>''" (without TURBO Toolkit!!!), which gives an error in QPC2, not in SMSQmulator. If I omit this IF clause, all runs perfect, when EX EDSPR_bas.

4E75 7000
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi Ralf,

This what I was trying to say, that the variable COMPILED is a Turbo Toolkit Keyword.

I changed COMPILED to COMPILE in lines 100 and 105. All okay.

In fact I removed all this compiler variables and used FOPEN to open the next channel in the Channel Table for the screen channels.

This worked fine in SBASIC and Qliberator, but running from QD with the QD/SBAS Thing needed the Out Line for channel 0 set, before QD/SBAS would run the edspr_bas programme.

Regards,

Derek