QD SBASIC Parser Thing

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
RalfR
Aurora

Re: QD SBASIC Parser Thing

Post by RalfR »

Derek_Stewart wrote:I tried the Basic Parser v2.01 with SMSQ/E v3.33, v3.34 all works perfectly, loads Qliberator and compiles the programme in QD.

I would like to use the built in SBAS/QD, to run SBASIC programmes, but I am not sure how to produce compiled Qliberator programmes.
How have you started the Parser (Its quite a long time ago, when I have used SMS2....)?

I do not remember, if it is a THING, so, if it is, it can perhaps be plugged into QD's F10 functionality (but I really do not know).

4E75 7000
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi Ralf,

I configured, the Parser to point to my Qliberator compiler then LRESPRed the Parser. The Parser creates a Thing called 'BASIC'.

Either configure QD Thing to BASIC or start QD with the \t option. For example:

EX QD;'\t BASIC'

Load the file from QD load option. I supoose I could confgure Fileinfo2 to add the Basic Thing compile option when executing a _bas file, to the existing definition of executing SBASIC.

Regards,

Derek
RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

Thank you Derek, that's what I hoped that it was. Now I remember. :)

4E75 7000
Artificer
Over Heated PSU

Post by Artificer »

There are 2 "Things" that QD can use to either run or compile SBASIC

1. the SBAS/QD thing that parses and execute a SBASIC program as SBASIC and is in smsq/e or comes built in. QDs config block can be configured to use the SBAS/QD thing.

2. the QBASIC thing that comes as a separate extension, needs to be LRESPRed in the boot as an extension, configured to tell it where QLIB is located and QD needs to be passed the command line
\T QBASIC to put QBASIC on the F10 key, or a copy of QD configured to have QBASIC as its extension thing.

I hope this is helpful as I thought that some of the discussion was a bit at cross purposes.

Cheers

RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

Artificer wrote:The QBASIC thing that comes as a separate extension, needs to be LRESPRed in the boot as an extension, configured to tell it where QLIB is located and QD needs to be passed the command line
\T QBASIC to put QBASIC on the F10 key, or a copy of QD configured to have QBASIC as its extension thing.
Is this meanwhile also freeware as QD? I do not think so. Inside the QD.zip there is just the QDasm Thing from Oliver Fink.

Perhaps QBASIC is based on the Parser from SMS2, so maybe we should ask TT (or Marcel...?) for that.

It would be a nice gimmick, if one can load two THINGS for such purposes into QD. One to run and one to compile SBASIC.

4E75 7000
BSJR
Trump Card

Post by BSJR »

Ralf R. wrote:
Artificer wrote:The QBASIC thing that comes as a separate extension, needs to be LRESPRed in the boot as an extension, configured to tell it where QLIB is located and QD needs to be passed the command line
Is this meanwhile also freeware as QD? I do not think so. Inside the QD.zip there is just the QDasm Thing from Oliver Fink.

Perhaps QBASIC is based on the Parser from SMS2, so maybe we should ask TT (or Marcel...?) for that. by

It would be a nice gimmick, if one can load two THINGS for such purposes into QD. One to run and one to compile SBASIC.
Another option would be to use BasicLinker, which is freeware from W. Lenerz's site.
This can take an unnumbered _bas file made in QD, adds line numbers for Qlib, calls it and compiles directly.
It's controlled by a text file which can check for and include extensions and merge several _bas modules.
Qlib parameters can be set so line numbers can be dropped from the _obj.

I use the SBAS/QD thing a lot when testing my programs but one thing it does not handle well is multiple RESTORE statements. Each encountered RESTORE will reset to the first DATA line while BasicLinker's approach will reset to the DATA line following each RESTORE.

BSJR

RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

BSJR wrote:
Ralf R. wrote:Another option would be to use BasicLinker, which is freeware from W. Lenerz's site.
Sorry, no option for me, I'll take the TT option.

4E75 7000
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I have just realised that QBASIC was a commerical programme from JMS, which probably ehy I could find any documentation.

Could QBASIC be released as freeware.

SBAS/QD does not seem to documented, or I can not find any thing other a brief description in Online Sbasic / Superbasic msnual and SMSQE manual.

Does the SMSQ/E Reference manual require updating?

Regards,

Derek
RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

Derek_Stewart wrote:Hi,

I have just realised that QBASIC was a commerical programme from JMS, which probably ehy I could find any documentation.

Could QBASIC be released as freeware.

SBAS/QD does not seem to documented, or I can not find any thing other a brief description in Online Sbasic / Superbasic msnual and SMSQE manual.

Does the SMSQ/E Reference manual require updating?
Meanwhile, I have written via email to TT, if QBASIC could be released as freeware. I am quite sure, QBASIC was done by TT from the SMS2 parser (who else can do this?), so even TT can give it to us. I have asked him to think about it (and us), and eventually give it to Marcel.

Lets hope the best.

4E75 7000
Artificer
Over Heated PSU

Post by Artificer »

Hi,

QBASIC was sold as a separate program from QD. I still have the original disk and manual for QBASIC : it states it was copyright Jochen Merz Software.

Cheers