New Minerva ROMs for Q68

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
martyn_hill
Super Gold Card
Posts: 516
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:53 am

Re: New Minerva ROMs for Q68

Postby martyn_hill » Wed May 22, 2019 2:59 pm

That's great Jan!

Let's see who gets to it first :-)

Meanwhile, the Minerva version of the QLNET driver for Q68 (ND-Q68) is almost ready for release ...

M.


Derek_Stewart
QL Wafer Drive
Posts: 1409
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Runcorn, Cheshire, UK

Re: New Minerva ROMs for Q68

Postby Derek_Stewart » Wed May 22, 2019 8:59 pm

Hi Martyn,
martyn_hill wrote:Meanwhile, the Minerva version of the QLNET driver for Q68 (ND-Q68) is almost ready for release ...
M.

I will look forward to the release of the Q68 Minerva Network driver.

Would there be any network increase connecting 2 Q68 via the Network connection.

I have six Q68 waiting for potential buyers, so I could fit a Network port to the Q68 case and network all six Q68 computers.

Alot simplier than making a 6 port SerNET cable.

I did do a 4 port Sernet hub box over 10 years ago for network connection to Q60, QXL, QPC2, Atari ST QL Emulator. Only private use...


Regards,

Derek
User avatar
Peter
Aurora
Posts: 848
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:47 am

Re: New Minerva ROMs for Q68

Postby Peter » Wed May 22, 2019 9:38 pm

Hi Jan,
janbredenbeek wrote:In fact, I've already done that ;)

I would not have expected anything else ;)

janbredenbeek wrote:I just need to rebuild it.

Obviously, you uploaded the result already :D Works fine, thank you!
Peter


martyn_hill
Super Gold Card
Posts: 516
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:53 am

Re: New Minerva ROMs for Q68

Postby martyn_hill » Wed May 22, 2019 9:40 pm

Hi Derek!

Derek_Stewart wrote:Would there be any network increase connecting 2 Q68 via the Network connection.


Not as the driver stands, but it is a trivial matter to reconfigure the Timing Constants (a less-well known feature of the later TK2 Net driver) after loading/initialising the driver to reduce all the HW time-outs to effectively sup-up the bit-rate... At a guess, I reckon a 3-5 fold increase in raw bit-rate could be achieved between a pair of Q68s - assuming the single-ended, noise prone electronics/cable could accommodate it...

Its one of the things I would have tested, had I had a 2nd Q68 :-)

Derek_Stewart wrote:Alot simplier than making a 6 port SerNET cable.


...and one of the driving factors for why I opted to develop the QLUB using the simpler native Net cabling, rather than trying to network with daisy-chained serial cables!


User avatar
janbredenbeek
Gold Card
Posts: 332
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:54 pm
Location: Hilversum, The Netherlands

Re: New Minerva ROMs for Q68

Postby janbredenbeek » Wed May 22, 2019 10:20 pm

Peter wrote:
janbredenbeek wrote:I just need to rebuild it.

Obviously, you uploaded the result already :D Works fine, thank you!
Peter

You beat me :)

Jan.


daniel_baum
ROM Dongle
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:58 am

Re: New Minerva ROMs for Q68

Postby daniel_baum » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:10 am

Hi all,

I've been playing with this - it runs very well :)

I was wondering whether there is any way to get the mouse working with it under the pointer environment?

D.


User avatar
Peter
Aurora
Posts: 848
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:47 am

Re: New Minerva ROMs for Q68

Postby Peter » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:28 am

The best solution for this would be to add Q68 PS/2 mouse support to the PE. Since the mouse initialization is already handled by the Q68 loader, that shouldn't be extremely difficult, but I have no idea if the PE sources are available.

Code to look at can be found in the SMSQ/E sources under: smsq_q68_driver_mouse_asm


daniel_baum
ROM Dongle
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:58 am

Re: New Minerva ROMs for Q68

Postby daniel_baum » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:04 am

Peter wrote:The best solution for this would be to add Q68 PS/2 mouse support to the PE. Since the mouse initialization is already handled by the Q68 loader, that shouldn't be extremely difficult, but I have no idea if the PE sources are available.

Code to look at can be found in the SMSQ/E sources under: smsq_q68_driver_mouse_asm



Thanks.

D.



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests