QPAC2 Files Foible in QPC2 on Linux.

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

QPAC2 Files Foible in QPC2 on Linux.

Post by NormanDunbar »

Yes, I finally managed to get QPC working on my Linux laptop again. I deleted wine and reinstalled, still didn't work, I then installed winetricks and on running wine again, it suggested installing the win32-development package, which I did, and now it all works again. Phew.

Anyway, prior to my recent upgrade which broke QPC, I was noticing a few foibles in QPAC2's Files menu. Here are the steps to reproduce on a Linux laptop - it all just works fine on Windows. It all started after I added a sub-directory to my top-level one used as DOS1_ in QPC.

The top level DOS1_ is /home/norman/Documents/QPCStuff and the sub-directory causing me grief is /home/norman/Documents/QPCStuff/Asm.

To reproduce my foibles, Start QPC and open QPAC2's Files menu.

Press F2 and choose DOS1_ which points at the afore mentioned directory. In the files list, there can be seen everything within my top-level directory, as expected. The sub-directory named "Asm" can be seen and is indeed flagged as a directory in the Files list. If I now do a "DO" on that directory name to open it - Nothing, just a blank window. First time that happened, I nearly had a panic - where are all my bleeding files!

Now, look at the title of the Files window again - it's showing "Files dos1_asm_" instead of "Files dos1_Asm_". Why I wonder, is QPAC lower-casing my path and failing to find anything on my case sensitive Linux laptop.

The workaround is to press F2 again, and change the full path from "dos1_asm_" in lower-case, to "dos1_Asm_", and it then "just" works. (Until I go to any sub-directories lower down the tree of course.)

So I know that the QL, and Windows are not case sensitive, that's fine, but I'm not sure why QPAC needs to lower-case my directory names. It's quite happy to open files which themselves have mixed case names when I "DO" them, it's just when I "DO" a directory name that I have the problem.

Cheers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Re: QPAC2 Files Foible in QPC2 on Linux.

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi Norm,

I forgot to update the forum, I updated Wine from 3.04 to wine-4.0-rc6, now QPC2 works, looks like a bug in the Wine system.

I am using the nouveau graphic driver, will try the nVidia driver.

Regards,

Derek
pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

NormanDunbar wrote:Now, look at the title of the Files window again - it's showing "Files dos1_asm_" instead of "Files dos1_Asm_". Why I wonder, is QPAC lower-casing my path and failing to find anything on my case sensitive Linux laptop.
You could try to configure QPAC2 Files to NOT lowercase directory names. That should do the trick ;)

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

pjw wrote:You could try to configure QPAC2 Files to NOT lowercase directory names. That should do the trick ;)
Don't tell me that that is a config[urable] option! Duh! :?

Will have a look. Thanks.

Cheers,
Norm.

pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

NormanDunbar wrote:
pjw wrote:You could try to configure QPAC2 Files to NOT lowercase directory names. That should do the trick ;)
Don't tell me that that is a config[urable] option! Duh! :?

Will have a look. Thanks.
It appears to be the factory setting, so dont blame yourself ;)

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

Ok Per, you got me with that one. Well done. ;)

Cheers,
Norm.