QLCOMMANDER - testers and help needed

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
otis
ROM Dongle

Re: QLCOMMANDER - testers and help needed

Post by otis »

Andrew wrote:
otis wrote:Can't seem to find the answer here but: Can QLcommander be used to modify file type, like, making the file executable? It might come handy sometimes.
No, it cannot do that. Never crossed my mind do add this feature.
And you see, it would be a very useful one! :-)

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

otis wrote:Can't seem to find the answer here but: Can QLcommander be used to modify file type, like, making the file executable? It might come handy sometimes.
While it's not exactly calming bedtime reading, there's an article on my blog about restoring broken executable file headers, either using the SEXEC guess-the-dataspace method or for a minority of programs using some information embedded in some programs called an XTcc field.

Andrew is very welcome to use the info on there to add this to QL Commander, I'm sure it would be a very welcome extra feature.

The article is at https://dilwyn2.wordpress.com/2017/02/2 ... e-headers/

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

Why not implement usage of Fileinfo2, where the data file can be executed and Fileinfo2 associates a executable programme with the data like.

For example, in QPAC2 Files, I execute a Quill file and I have configured Fileinfo2 to execute Xchnage and load the quill file into the Quill word processor

Fileinfo2 is one of the best QL programmes available, it does take a little configuration. but is worth the effort.

Regards,

Derek
otis
ROM Dongle

Post by otis »

dilwyn wrote:
While it's not exactly calming bedtime reading, there's an article on my blog about restoring broken executable file headers, either using the SEXEC guess-the-dataspace method or for a minority of programs using some information embedded in some programs called an XTcc field.

Andrew is very welcome to use the info on there to add this to QL Commander, I'm sure it would be a very welcome extra feature.

The article is at https://dilwyn2.wordpress.com/2017/02/2 ... e-headers/
Oh hai! Yes, I know about that article and had implemented something very similar myself (in SBASIC). Nevertheless, having something similar directly in QLCommander would be a "nice to have".

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

Short bug-report, Andreas in the German QL forum wanted to use QLCOMMANDER from another path: https://forum.tlienhard.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=3924. The problem is that the command line argument giving the path doesn't work as the function OPTIONS_CMD$ function in the source

Code: Select all

3010 ConfigDrv$=OPTION_CMD$:REMark CMD$
only works with Turbo, but v2 is compiled with QLiberator (the command as implemented in the Turbo Toolkit always returns an empty string. Only the Turbo compiler exchanges this special variable name with the real command line).

Andrew
Aurora

Post by Andrew »

mk79 wrote:Short bug-report, Andreas in the German QL forum wanted to use QLCOMMANDER from another path: https://forum.tlienhard.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=3924. The problem is that the command line argument giving the path doesn't work as the function OPTIONS_CMD$ function in the source

3010 ConfigDrv$=OPTION_CMD$:REMark CMD$
only works with Turbo, but v2 is compiled with QLiberator (the command as implemented in the Turbo Toolkit always returns an empty string. Only the Turbo compiler exchanges this special variable name with the real command line).
Yes, for QLiberator compiler the line should be

1030 REMark *** TURBO Directives...   - also comment line 1370! And modify line 3010
3010 ConfigDrv$=CMD$:REMark OPTION_CMD$
I might have forgotten to change line 3010 in the published code.

napsternds
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by napsternds »

Andrew wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 1:08 pm QLCommander v2.0 is finally ready !
Never tried this until today, and I found a great piece of software. Really good!!!!

Thank you

7alken
ROM Dongle

Post by 7alken »

hi Andrew, kindly please, are you still working on this? because I am ... trying to learn from your code more about SB also, but I need to reformat it little bit to be more readable, will write code for it, but also getting rid of line numbers using great Tim Swenson SSB approach, although my simple code now, planning also C-like transformations for VSCode refactoring use, etc... using SciTE/scintilla editor (also Notepad++) for syntax coloring, planning to make QLC and IDE (actually QLXC for now, for me) ... will probably integrate microemacs too (not peked yet, I in fact love simplicity of intergated SB editor for tiny tweaks, but it could be smarter ...)

I dont want to clash with something, but will probably have soon cleaned up version of QLC with configurable F-keys, probably by subfolders profiles of interpreted code, I am using fast SMSQ/E in QPC2 now ... needed also proper Fkey known from win TC/Norton to operate, so made such changes, and enum for keycodes, want to learn more whal all is capable in so simple SB and whats not ... so not using compiled version now...

Petr
Attachments
testcnv.ssb -- Screenshot 2023-11-14 194137.png
qlxc ssb open to bas + cmd shell -- Screenshot 2023-11-14 194643.png
qlxc ide -- Screenshot 2023-11-14 194222.png
cmd.ssb -- Screenshot 2023-11-14 193950.png

7alken
ROM Dongle

Post by 7alken »

I now have entire QLC in such simplified SSB form now, and recompiling it "live" with changes, editing in SciTE with color syntax, currently manually prettifying code to have sample for auto reformatter soon ... so far so good;
Petr

Andrew
Aurora

Post by Andrew »

7alken wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:17 pm hi Andrew, kindly please, are you still working on this? because I am ... trying to learn from your code more about SB also, but I need to reformat it little bit to be more readable, will write code for it, but also getting rid of line numbers using great Tim Swenson SSB approach, although my simple code now, planning also C-like transformations for VSCode refactoring use, etc... using SciTE/scintilla editor (also Notepad++) for syntax coloring, planning to make QLC and IDE (actually QLXC for now, for me) ... will probably integrate microemacs too (not peked yet, I in fact love simplicity of intergated SB editor for tiny tweaks, but it could be smarter ...)
I am not currently working on this, but I plan to add FileInfo support soon.
The code is formated for Notepad++ , and it is very readable in it. Notepad++ also has syntax highlighting for SuperBasic and linenumbers can be added only before saving the file.
If you change the code and add new features please document what you change/add. I want to keep the program usable in QDOS, not only in SMSQE.
You can integrate microemacs simply by changing the editor in QLC config file.
Config.jpg