SMSQ SBASIC EX and break

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
RalfR
Aurora

Re: SMSQ SBASIC EX and break

Post by RalfR »

pjw wrote:Are you quite sure? Some commercial programs that used Fastload
I think, you mean the SPK, the Software Production Kit from Tony Tebby, where "OPEN_IN mdv1_xx: FLRUN" is stated. There, you could use a CTRL-Break prohibition if you want that, when you design the "_" file.

I have the complete package, not sure about copyright, but after all those years, it seems no matter about it. Rich has it. The worst problem with those protected programs is, that they depend on the QL you use because of the tokenized file. A standard QL or at least with 640k should be ok, SMS does not, Atari up to Level C is also ok.

You can NOP a few statements in the "_" file.

4E75 7000
pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

olifink wrote:Incidentally: what is the protocol for contributing back into SMSQ/E mainline development? I would like to avoid having to maintain my private fork for this if others perhaps find it useful as well and would want to contribute upstream. Is there any way of doing this?

O
Write to Wolfgang Lenerz. I dont see any contact address on any of his sites. Perhaps just drop a note on ql-users.

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

Ralf R. wrote:
pjw wrote:Are you quite sure? Some commercial programs that used Fastload
I think, you mean the SPK, the Software Production Kit from Tony Tebby, where "OPEN_IN mdv1_xx: FLRUN" is stated. There, you could use a CTRL-Break prohibition if you want that, when you design the "_" file.
Thats the one.

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

olifink wrote:sys_klock would be an interesting copy protection scheme, but not really what I was looking for: a way to not accidentally break into only an EX'd SBASIC so that it behaves like a compiled program running as any other job. The ideal situation is to have break passed as ERR_NC into then WHEN ERRor handling only when it's being EXecuted and not run interactively. From looking at the mention of ERR_NC in the WHEN ERRor documentation one should think that was always the intent.
That seems reasonable. Funny how, after dog knows how long, two people express a need for this in the same week. (viewtopic.php?t=2669&p=25979#p25983)

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?