QPC2 on Windoze 10

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
dilwyn
Mr QL

QPC2 on Windoze 10

Post by dilwyn »

Before I trouble Marcel with this, anybody else having issues with QPC2 on Windows 10 recently?

I've not noticed this before, so I'm assuming it's down to a recent update or something.

If the laptop goes to sleep or hibernation (e.g. by shutting the laptop's lid), QPC2 just quietly stops and vanishes by the time Windows is woken up later.

If anyone has had this happen, especially if you know of a way of fixing the problem, please let me know and if there is an issue we can pass information to Marcel to see if it's something which can be fixed.

Here's a screen dump of the configuration settings I use - I haven't yet had time to go through changing individual settings such as memory size, power management, display settings... to find individual setting causes.

I use QPC2 4.05, SMSQ/E 3.28, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, Version 1803, Build 17134.345
startup.jpg

RWAP
RWAP Master

Re: QPC2 on Windoze 10

Post by RWAP »

I think I noticed this, but then found the QPC2 was sat in the notifications bar in bottom right... Not seen it recently though...

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

RWAP wrote:I think I noticed this, but then found the QPC2 was sat in the notifications bar in bottom right... Not seen it recently though...
Looks like somehow my QPC2 had changed its "Show QPC in..." setting to Task/Tray somehow without me noticing - now reverted it back to "Taskbar". I know it's meant to reduce clutter going into System Tray/Notification area, but on fairly small displays like this laptop you don't see it because it's hidden in the '^' window so you don't see it unless you know it's there. Exactly why I didn't want to bother Marcel if it was a simple little issue like this. Thanks Rich.

XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

dilwyn wrote:
RWAP wrote:I think I noticed this, but then found the QPC2 was sat in the notifications bar in bottom right... Not seen it recently though...
Looks like somehow my QPC2 had changed its "Show QPC in..." setting to Task/Tray somehow without me noticing - now reverted it back to "Taskbar". I know it's meant to reduce clutter going into System Tray/Notification area, but on fairly small displays like this laptop you don't see it because it's hidden in the '^' window so you don't see it unless you know it's there. Exactly why I didn't want to bother Marcel if it was a simple little issue like this. Thanks Rich.
You can choose to not put icons behind the '^' icon on windows, its in the taskbar settings!

Martin_Head
Aurora

Post by Martin_Head »

I have also noticed this happen when you minimize them. If I have more than one copy of QPC2 running, one will disappear into the notification area, but the others stay on the task bar.

This used to confuse me no end. I would look at the task bar and think, I'm sure I had 3 QPC2's running. Then I would try to re-start the missing one, and it would not work correctly, because it was already running, but hidden in the notification area.