EasyPTR C Library

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
dilwyn
Mr QL

Re: EasyPTR C Library

Post by dilwyn »

NormanDunbar wrote:Thanks Dilwyn,

I found an old copy of Abbey Fine Reader 8 in my collection of Windows stuff from a bygone age, I've set up a VM and I'm running it now on the scans I made. It does preserver the formatting, pretty much mostly, but doesn't get as much text out as my Linux systems did. C'est la vie, as they say in Cardiff!

Cheers,
Norm.
Ah, I remember Abbey Fine Reader 8, rather a nice little program in its day (by Windoze standards, at least).

Good luck with that - I'm up to page 177 with the OCR correction. Actually, correction is almost nil, just restoring the layout of things like call information tables. Keeping me out of mischief on a cold wet day I suppose.

"Dyna fywyd", as they (don't) say in Newmachar...

As for peace, who told the junk callers I'm home? The phone is red hot with them today.

kmmann
ROM Dongle

Post by kmmann »

Good Afternoon

I have reformatted to page 263 tihs morning and can continue this pm if you desire.
Attachments
easyptr3247-324.zip
formatted to page 263
(33.24 KiB) Downloaded 110 times

NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

Pages 247 to 314 have been re-OCR'd to a Word (old style) doc file. It appears to be in RTF format though, as opposed to the plain *.doc format.

https://github.com/SinclairQL/EasyMenu_3_Manual is the place to be.

Cheers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Have finished reformatting pages 157 to 198, this covers:
  • index
    Easysource
    Pointer Interface library routines
This leaves pages 199 to 246 to do - The Window Manager Library Routines section. There is an awful lot of table style layout in this, might not be able to finish that part today.
easyptr3pt3159-198.zip

NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

kmmann wrote:Good Afternoon

I have reformatted to page 263 tihs morning and can continue this pm if you desire.
Sorry, I never noticed your post earlier. That's looking great, thanks very much. Please, continue as and when you can.

Cheers,
Norm.

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Got somewhat bogged down on the second set of pages due to the complex tabular layout adjustments needed on most pages of this part. Still working on it - only 20 pages (227-246) to go!

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Finished my half of the Easyptr 3 part 3 manual (pages 157 to 246 inclusive). The Zip file attached includes both Word docx and PDF versions. Norman and Marcel can now do what they wish with this (well, as long as it's legal, decent and honest...)

Edit: Note that pages 237-8 appear to be duplicates. This was the same in the original paper manual I scanned.
Easyptr3pt3.zip

kmmann
ROM Dongle

Post by kmmann »

Well done Dilwyn!

I have just reformatted from 247 up to page 300 so just 13 more pages to go. I have attempted to keep to the formatting you use e.g. A5 paper etc so hopefully the docs should just be able to be merged into one without the need for major work.

Will post the zip file this pm.

Kevin

NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

And well done, and thanks, Kevin too.

Cheers,
Norm.

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

kmmann wrote:Well done Dilwyn!

I have just reformatted from 247 up to page 300 so just 13 more pages to go. I have attempted to keep to the formatting you use e.g. A5 paper etc so hopefully the docs should just be able to be merged into one without the need for major work.

Will post the zip file this pm.

Kevin
Thanks Kevin.
The original was on A5 paper in a slightly smaller font than I used - I think I used Arial 9, some pages had to be slightly "compacted" to retain the page numbering, so I think the originals must have been Arial 8 or 8.5, but I managed to maintain the page numbering anyhow. Also, some of the headings were in 'outline' font ornament, these seemed to get lost when converting to PDF so I just made them into 'solid' ornament 16 or 19 pitch.

Although the OCR worked well thanks to the good quality originals, I found the same 'faults' happening over and over - 'f'' and 't' at the end of the words kept getting swapped by the software, '0' and '1' were swapped pretty much throughout the document, and the register names were ALL wrong as the letters D0, A0 etc were so close together in the original they virtually overlapped, like ligatures. This made the vector/trap table listings extremely difficult to correct, many such pages were easier to retype than correct.
So, I hope yours was a bit easier - won't be doing any more OCR myself for a while now until my eyes go back to normal :roll: