QPTR examples

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
Andrew
Aurora

QPTR examples

Post by Andrew »

The QPTR manual mentions some DEMO programs as well as PAINT and EDSPR programs
Does anybody have them ? On Dilwyn's site I found only the qptr_bin, but no examples.

NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Re: QPTR examples

Post by NormanDunbar »

Hi Andrew,

I used to have them but I've just checked my hard drive, and they are not present. I know that they were on the original disc and on the various backups, but unfortunately, I recently found that of my many floppies, only about 10 actually worked and had to bin the lot of them.

Having said that, I do remember trying these utilities - running from floppy on an original JS QL, and if I remember correctly, they had a tendency to crash. I could be wrong of course, but I have a feeling that I'm not. Not this time anyway!

Sorry, that was no help to you whatsoever. :(

Cheers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.
duncan
ROM Dongle

Post by duncan »

Hi

Here are the files from the original QPTR disk which includes the assembler and SuperBasic examples. I am assuming that they are all now freeware as the QPTR toolkit is itself freeware.

There was an excellent series of articles on programming in with QPTR in QLToday from the July/August issue 2002, vol 7 issue 2 up to August/October 2004, vol 9 issue 3. These were written by Wolfgang Lenerz.

Duncan
QPTR.zip
(147.62 KiB) Downloaded 157 times

Andrew
Aurora

Post by Andrew »

Thank you Duncan ! :D

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

If you want to program pointer programs in BASIC I suggest to have a look at EasyPtr instead, QPTR is a lot older and most people find it much more difficult to use. EasyPtr at least comes with a WYSIWYG-ish dialog editor.

Cheers, Marcel

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

duncan wrote: Here are the files from the original QPTR disk which includes the assembler and SuperBasic examples. I am assuming that they are all now freeware as the QPTR toolkit is itself freeware.
Thanks Duncan, added these to the Programming utilities page on my site.

http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/program/index.html