QWriter and Full House

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
dilwyn
Mr QL

QWriter and Full House

Post by dilwyn »

Jochen Merz has given permission for two of his early softwares to be released as freeware.

Full House is a fruit machine poker game similar to many arcade machines found in Germany in the 1980s. Written in 100% machine code with good colour graphics. No manual, just a reproduced review of the game (anyone have a manual I could scan?). Download from the Games page on my website at http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/games/index.html

Q-Writer turns your Epson-compatible printer into a writer. Many founts to choose from. Works by keywords which assign channels for what you want to print to an NLQ device. Unfortunately, while the software is version 1, the manual I have is for version 2, which is largely compatible but documents extra features in version 2. Anyone have version 2 of the software and/or the version 1 manual for me to add? Download Q-Writer from the Editors and Viewers page on my website at http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/editview/index.html

dilwyn
Mr QL

Re: QWriter and Full House

Post by dilwyn »

Thanks to Bob Spelten jr. I've now been able to add instructions for the Full House game.http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/games/index.html

Still looking for a manual for QWriter version 1 if anyone has a copy...

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

Thanks to everyone involved for their time and effort on this.

Saltor66
ROM Dongle

Post by Saltor66 »

Hi!
I downloaded and installed Full House but the graphics are not the same as those, very nice, pictured in QL World review.
Is the downloadable version different from the commercial one?
Thanks in advance.

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

Hmm - I can't get the version on Dilwyn's site to run in q-emulator at all... It shows the loading screen and then halts on a black screen.

I attach a different version (zipped for use with q-emulator) which shows the loading screen and then draws the main screen (which looks like the review graphics), but the centre is still just black in q-emulator.

I wonder which is the latest version?
Attachments
Full House.zip
(12.81 KiB) Downloaded 116 times

Saltor66
ROM Dongle

Post by Saltor66 »

Thank you. It worked on real QL.

Saltor66
ROM Dongle

Post by Saltor66 »

RWAP wrote:Hmm - I can't get the version on Dilwyn's site to run in q-emulator at all... It shows the loading screen and then halts on a black screen.

I attach a different version (zipped for use with q-emulator) which shows the loading screen and then draws the main screen (which looks like the review graphics), but the centre is still just black in q-emulator.

This version works on a real QL only if loaded from floppy. I tried to change flp1_ to mdv1_ in BOOT file but, after loading the game from a microdrive cartridge, the main screen doesn't look like the review graphics anymore.

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

Saltor66 wrote:
RWAP wrote:Hmm - I can't get the version on Dilwyn's site to run in q-emulator at all... It shows the loading screen and then halts on a black screen.

This version works on a real QL only if loaded from floppy. I tried to change flp1_ to mdv1_ in BOOT file but, after loading the game from a microdrive cartridge, the main screen doesn't look like the review graphics anymore.
Presumably there is a bit of code which addresses flp1_ in the main code and would need to be changed to mdv1_.

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

RWAP wrote: Presumably there is a bit of code which addresses flp1_ in the main code and would need to be changed to mdv1_.
Yes - there was a reference in fh_cde to flp1_screen_cde - I have amended this and the microdrive version of the program is attached

When converting software from microdrive to disk / hard disk / sd card, please remember that it is not always as simple as changing the boot file. In many cases parts of the program load extra files from the original media. If you start with a microdrive version, you can often get away with FLP_USE mdv (so that the floppy disk is then addressed with MDV1_ instead of FLP1_ ) - however, some programs use QDOS routines to directly load sectors from microdrive cartridges, or contain copy protection routines which demand an original microdrive cartridge.
Attachments
Full House - MDV Version.zip
(12.73 KiB) Downloaded 116 times

Saltor66
ROM Dongle

Post by Saltor66 »

RWAP wrote:
RWAP wrote: Presumably there is a bit of code which addresses flp1_ in the main code and would need to be changed to mdv1_.
Yes - there was a reference in fh_cde to flp1_screen_cde - I have amended this and the microdrive version of the program is attached

When converting software from microdrive to disk / hard disk / sd card, please remember that it is not always as simple as changing the boot file. In many cases parts of the program load extra files from the original media. If you start with a microdrive version, you can often get away with FLP_USE mdv (so that the floppy disk is then addressed with MDV1_ instead of FLP1_ ) - however, some programs use QDOS routines to directly load sectors from microdrive cartridges, or contain copy protection routines which demand an original microdrive cartridge.
Thank you! It works! ;)