Mawdraw problem (easyptr4)

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
Giorgio Garabello
Gold Card

Re: Mawdraw problem (easyptr4)

Post by Giorgio Garabello »

BSJR wrote:
I'm trying to do something different, you print the string after clicking, I need to present a list in which each element is divided into several lines, to scroll through this list and eventually select an element

Giorgio
This is just a proof of concept. I have not tested what happens when a list needs to scroll up or down.
If it's a single column list you want, you could adopt what I do in SuQcess with Viewing a record with subfields.
The list can be scrolled (set the main window to a minimum) and each line is a field or a subfield and can be clicked on.
In a separate array I keep track of which field that line belongs to so the correct field is taken to act upon.

Bob
this is intetrsting... But how can i creste a subfield in suqcess in order to vuew this effect?

BSJR
Trump Card

Post by BSJR »

Giorgio Garabello wrote:
BSJR wrote:
I'm trying to do something different, you print the string after clicking, I need to present a list in which each element is divided into several lines, to scroll through this list and eventually select an element

Giorgio
This is just a proof of concept. I have not tested what happens when a list needs to scroll up or down.
If it's a single column list you want, you could adopt what I do in SuQcess with Viewing a record with subfields.
The list can be scrolled (set the main window to a minimum) and each line is a field or a subfield and can be clicked on.
In a separate array I keep track of which field that line belongs to so the correct field is taken to act upon.

Bob
this is intetersting... But how can i create a subfield in suqcess in order to view this effect?
In a DBAS database a string field can be divided into subfields by the LF/CHR$(10) character.
While the normal text edit window in SuQcess does not directly support that, you can create this by inserting a CHR$(13) into the text.
Hit Shift+ENTER and the CR character will be visible as a stippled block that will be replaced by a LF in the database.
When you next edit this field it will probably be presented as a list in the edit window, hit space to select the subfield for editing.
In the F3-Command menu you can switch between String and Array editing. Check the Edit chapter from F1-Help.

Bob

Giorgio Garabello
Gold Card

Post by Giorgio Garabello »

BSJR wrote:
Giorgio Garabello wrote:
BSJR wrote: This is just a proof of concept. I have not tested what happens when a list needs to scroll up or down.

Bob
this is intetersting... But how can i create a subfield in suqcess in order to view this effect?
In a DBAS database a string field can be divided into subfields by the LF/CHR$(10) character.
While the normal text edit window in SuQcess does not directly support that, you can create this by inserting a CHR$(13) into the text.
Hit Shift+ENTER and the CR character will be visible as a stippled block that will be replaced by a LF in the database.
When you next edit this field it will probably be presented as a list in the edit window, hit space to select the subfield for editing.
In the F3-Command menu you can switch between String and Array editing. Check the Edit chapter from F1-Help.

Bob
OK! many thanks!