SuperCharge Decompiler

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
RWAP
RWAP Master

Re: SuperCharge Decompiler

Post by RWAP »

mk79 wrote:
Martin_Head wrote:It then starts the Talent/Quanta Assembler Workbench monitor
Wow, I didn't know this version existed! I've been using a patched Talent version for the last 25 years, it's an invaluable tool.

It was only recently that Quanta allowed their version to be available as freeware - before that it was only available to Quanta members...

bixio60
Brittle Membrane

Post by bixio60 »

Yes, this last version (0619) is definitively a step forward in the term of usability and easiness of the program.
I am trying to decode the program Astrologer/Astronomer from DP and I got the error "assignArray is full", i did try different (bigger value) for the array but so far no success.
Fabrizio
Martin_Head wrote:Here is an update to the DisCharge decompiler.

DisCharge now supports 7 SuperCharge versions, and 6 Turbo code generator versions.

I have also tried to make the decompiler a little easier to use by automating the process of disassembling.

When you run the DisCharge program, It now asks you for the file name of the executable program.

It then starts the Talent/Quanta Assembler Workbench monitor (available here http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/asm/talentaw22.zip). Does the disassembly, processes the result and then gives you the option of automatically starting the correct main decompiling program.

For anyone interested in seeing the kind of outputs DisCharge generates for the same program compiled with different options, I have included some samples.

RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

mk79 wrote:First of all, very cool project, congratulations! Now do Qliberator ;)
I fear, that is quite much more complicated, as first the QLib runtimes should be disassembled to know, how the _obj accesses it and how the _obj uses it.

4E75 7000
Martin_Head
Aurora

Post by Martin_Head »

bixio60 wrote:Yes, this last version (0619) is definitively a step forward in the term of usability and easiness of the program.
I am trying to decode the program Astrologer/Astronomer from DP and I got the error "assignArray is full", i did try different (bigger value) for the array but so far no success.
Fabrizio
I assume you mean you increased the 30 in the line DIM arrayElements(30,1) near the start of the program.

If you get stuck, Send me the executable, or post it here and I will have a look to see what's going wrong.

Martin_Head
Aurora

Post by Martin_Head »

It looks like it's been quite a while since I last did an official release. (Jun 2019)

I have sent updated copies to at least a couple of people since then. So I thought I had better put together an update to the Turbo/SuperCharge decompiler. Along with documentation updates.

I can't remember all the things I have done to it since then. And last March I was doing something to the decompiler. But I can't remember what it was, or if I ever finished.
So I will apologise in advance if I have left something half done somewhere.
Attachments
Discharge2022_01_11.zip
(378.38 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
DischargeDocs2022_01_11.zip
(758.94 KiB) Downloaded 106 times