Trouble running football manager v1.3

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Trouble running football manager v1.3

Post by vanpeebles »

Can any one help please, I'm trying to run the football manager game from Dilwyn's gamespage but I keep getting an odd error.
http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/games/

On running the boot I get an error saying "at line 170 bad name" the line itself is "QLRUN flp1_football_nonminerva_sav" the file exists so I wonder if it doesn't like the QLRUN command?

RWAP
RWAP Master

Re: Trouble running football manager v1.3

Post by RWAP »

vanpeebles wrote:Can any one help please, I'm trying to run the football manager game from Dilwyn's gamespage but I keep getting an odd error.

On running the boot I get an error saying "at line 170 bad name" the line itself is "QLRUN flp1_football_nonminerva_sav" the file exists so I wonder if it doesn't like the QLRUN command?
QLRUN is part of the QLOAD/QSAVE package - it is also available as part of a free QLOAD runtime and is even built into SBASIC under SMSQ/e - in which case you can just use LRUN or QLRUN.

I have attached the runtime version of QLOAD which adds QLOAD and QLRUN.
Attachments
QL_bin.zip
QLOAD runtime file
(1.32 KiB) Downloaded 231 times

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

RWAP wrote:
vanpeebles wrote:Can any one help please, I'm trying to run the football manager game from Dilwyn's gamespage but I keep getting an odd error.

QLRUN is part of the QLOAD/QSAVE package - it is also available as part of a free QLOAD runtime and is even built into SBASIC under SMSQ/e - in which case you can just use LRUN or QLRUN.

I have attached the runtime version of QLOAD which adds QLOAD and QLRUN.
Another little oddity in line 140 is the use of VER$(0) which can in some circumstances cause two problems:
1. The correct form would be just VER$ without the (0) after it,
2. On some ROMs the use of VER$ directly in an expression can itself cause an error as there is a minor stack bug in some versions of this command. If this were the case, the cure would be as simple as instead of IF VER$="JSL1" THEN... use v$=VER$:IF v$='JSL1'.

Clearly, this is not applicable in your case as it manages to get to line 170 without falling over and Rich's solution of sending you the runtime-only copy of QLOAD extension is useful. If I can find a copy of this I'll try adding it to the package for those who do not have the QLOAD extension on their system.

Dilwyn Jones

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Thanks for the quick replies. How do I use that QL_bin once I've unzipped it? Ah hold on I've found one with a boot file.

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Woo hoo works, no boro in the team selection though!