q-liberator

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
Ralf R.

Re: q-liberator

Post by Ralf R. »

If Adrian and Ian (hopefully) find their sources, it would be good to let QLib pop up outside of 512x256 and to have a look at their way to manage a PE I/F. It seems to be simple and that is, what I searched for, for S_Edit.

I know from sent update pages (from them), that the recent QLib also support WHEN ERRor. I still have to look for the update pages, scan them and send them to the original author of the manual.

EmmBee
Trump Card

Post by EmmBee »

Now that QLiberator is free and the SuperBASIC sources available, then this is what we can do .. We can go through the code and fix all the bugs that have appeared over the years, re-compile and produce a better compiler than it already is!

I have not seen the sources yet on Dilwyn's site. Are4 the sources available yet?

EmmBee

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

EmmBee wrote:Now that QLiberator is free and the SuperBASIC sources available, then this is what we can do .. We can go through the code and fix all the bugs that have appeared over the years, re-compile and produce a better compiler than it already is!

I have not seen the sources yet on Dilwyn's site. Are4 the sources available yet?

EmmBee
Nope.

pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

I was just made aware of a number of features in Q-Lberator that I havent seen documented anywhere: EXT_PROC, EXT_FN, GLOBAL, and possibly others. I believe I have a general idea of what theyre about, but should like to see some documentation. Ive been told there is a chapter 14 in some manuals? The two pdf manuals I found online, one of them claiming to be of V3.36, dont mention these keywords, and my printed one is altogether of an older vintage.

Anyone?

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi Per,

I have the paper manual supied when bought the Qliberator from Liberation.

It does detail the use of EXT_PROC, EXT_FN etc...

I will compare the current PDF versions amd maybe scan my mamual when I get time.

Regards,

Derek
daniel_baum
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by daniel_baum »

pjw wrote:I was just made aware of a number of features in Q-Lberator that I havent seen documented anywhere: EXT_PROC, EXT_FN, GLOBAL, and possibly others. I believe I have a general idea of what theyre about, but should like to see some documentation. Ive been told there is a chapter 14 in some manuals? The two pdf manuals I found online, one of them claiming to be of V3.36, dont mention these keywords, and my printed one is altogether of an older vintage.

Anyone?
See page 78-79 of the attached file.

D.
Attachments
Q_Liberator 3.36 manual.pdf
(823.96 KiB) Downloaded 109 times

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

pjw wrote:I was just made aware of a number of features in Q-Lberator that I havent seen documented anywhere: EXT_PROC, EXT_FN, GLOBAL, and possibly others. I believe I have a general idea of what theyre about, but should like to see some documentation. Ive been told there is a chapter 14 in some manuals? The two pdf manuals I found online, one of them claiming to be of V3.36, dont mention these keywords, and my printed one is altogether of an older vintage.

Anyone?
Others replied in the meantime, the QLib 3.36 manual with chapter 14 is on my website at http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/qlib/index.html as word and pdf files.

pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

Thanks to all who replied (and one or two who wanted to, but didnt get there in time ;)

Last time I looked (not very long ago) there were only a few rough, barely readable, scans in various places, none of them up-to-date (as I found out today).

I can recommend the manual on Dilwyn's site (http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/qlib/index.html) It appears to be the most recent version, and It looks very good. Someone has obviously done a neat and thorough job here. Thanks to whoever that was, too!

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
JonS
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by JonS »

Thanks Per,
A lot of time and effort went into it, but I am still finding the odd typo!.
Jon

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

I've OCRed Chapter 15 from my copy of the manual and placed it as PDF and Word DOC file at http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/qlib/index.html

Would be delighted if it could be added to the manual already on that page.

Note that it was done in a hurry and I've only hurriedly gone through the OCRed file so there are probably dozens of misstakkes in it.