GitHub - QL Sources

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
omtexmex
ROM Dongle

Re: GitHub - QL Sources

Post by omtexmex »

The are broken link (404 error)

NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

pjw wrote:Im not sure I like the way Git thinks, or messes with my stuff. (Im pretty sure God didnt write the world in C as the assumption seems to be over at GitHub!) I uploaded a small test project but it didnt turn out the way I wanted. But its early days and perhaps Im merely banging my head against the learning wall (or maybe it is just a steep curve afterall). I hope its possible to hide the embarrassing stuff later when I get wise..
Per,

In what manner does git mess with your source code? It's not all c on github, I've got ReStructuredText for the online SuperBASIC manual, I've got c++, I've got c, I've got Java (yuk) and I've got ANTLR4 up there too. I've had no problems with it.

I'd be interested to know what's bugging you!

Cheers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.
pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

NormanDunbar wrote:
pjw wrote:Im not sure I like the way Git thinks, or messes with my stuff. (Im pretty sure God didnt write the world in C as the assumption seems to be over at GitHub!) I uploaded a small test project but it didnt turn out the way I wanted. But its early days and perhaps Im merely banging my head against the learning wall (or maybe it is just a steep curve afterall). I hope its possible to hide the embarrassing stuff later when I get wise..
Per,

In what manner does git mess with your source code? It's not all c on github, I've got ReStructuredText for the online SuperBASIC manual, I've got c++, I've got c, I've got Java (yuk) and I've got ANTLR4 up there too. I've had no problems with it.

I'd be interested to know what's bugging you!
Dont get me started, Norman ;) Lets just say its down to irreconcilable differences, going back all the way to the early days of the QL.. I dont want to start a small war, so my half page of gripe has been deleted for everyone's benefit ;)

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

Evening Per,

OK, no worries. I won't start you off! :D

Cheers,
Norm.

NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

Afternoon all,

I've added the source and docs for DJTOOLKIT to the Sinclair QL gi hub repository.

Cheers,
Norm.

Fabrizio
ROM Dongle

Post by Fabrizio »

Hi everyone,

I would like to try qdos-gcc or any other available C cross-compiler for the QL.
If possible I would like to run it from Cygwin.
I have not been able to compile with the dockerized version. The suggested commands do not work.
A simple docker run ... will run the compiler but the compiler does not find the files to compile.

Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Post by Sparrowhawk »

RWAP wrote:
We need some system of getting github to recognise SuperBASIC as a language - having spoken to them, you need an open source Textmate-style language grammar defining for it to get it added.
If you are still looking, you could start by using my BBEdit / Text Wrangler file. It might be easy to convert to TextMate? Never used TextMate so I have no idea.

https://www.shimeril.com/free

a.k.a. Jean-Yves