Bible Code helpline request

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
dilwyn
Mr QL

Bible Code helpline request

Post by dilwyn »

This was a Quanta help request we can't fully answer - can anyone help Mr Legge with this? I've advised him there is a plaintext Bible on my website, but I'm not sure if by "Bible Code" he means the art of finding hidden messages in the text of the Bible or if I am reading too much into that phrase.

Code: Select all

Dear Sir or Madame. Would you assist  me. please . I wish to use some of my old Bibble
code hard disks, and I require a TEXT input. some years ago I had a Gold card addition
to my QL. I have now a more modern Computor,  and I was advised by ‘old’ George Morris to use a TEXT input.  I now wish to download a QL emulator on a more modern computer, and I need this particular TEXT down load, you may use the telephone if you wish, or my email address.  {tel no removed}   Mr J.M.Legge.

swensont
Forum Moderator

Re: Bible Code helpline request

Post by swensont »

I have no idea what he means by "a text input" or a "particular text download".

Is he looking to use a QL formatted hard drive on a newer computer? Or is he referring to floppy disks?

Need a lot more clarification on this one.

EmmBee
Trump Card

Re: Bible Code helpline request

Post by EmmBee »

Hi all,

He didn't actually say "Bible" - he said "Bibble". There is a Bibble download advertised on the web, its something to do with photography. After carefully reading his email, I would guess that Mr Legge has only recently acquired a new PC, probably a new Windows 10 machine, and is as yet unfamiliar with all the technical jargon used. He did say though that he wanted to download a QL emulator. So, here is the "TEXT input" asked for ...

http://files.kilgus.net/qpc/QPC2-setup%204.0.4.9.exe.

Wow! This really is the TEXT input. What you get is the modern day equivalent of a QL, but is so much more than just that. It has all the extras like TK2 built in, runs incredibly fast, and has a massive 128 megabytes of memory. This is entirely free. I use this myself, and can highly recommend. After installing, Mr Legge will be able to use his old Bibble code hard disks. Wonderfull.

Best wishes,
EmmBee