QL Software Preservation - Next Steps

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Re: QL Software Preservation - Next Steps

Post by tofro »

Hmm. Whatever you think is good, right or wrong - Go ahead and do that.

But I would really appreciate if you'd stop trying to beat up the bad, bad "Spanish Guys". I pretty much doubt it was all of them, I pretty much doubt all of them are like you say and the last thing we need is two forums in the QL scene that don't have anything better to do than exchange hate-posts.

my 2ct,
Tobias

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

I am not trying to have a go at anyone - just reflective of the difficulties anyone preserving QL software faces...

I am still waiting however, to hear who is going to make any further progress vis-a-vis preservation and maybe accept any of the jobs I started this thread with. There is unfortunately, a great deal of silence on that score..... :(

Outsoft
Super Gold Card

Post by Outsoft »

tofro wrote:Hmm. Whatever you think is good, right or wrong - Go ahead and do that.

But I would really appreciate if you'd stop trying to beat up the bad, bad "Spanish Guys". I pretty much doubt it was all of them, I pretty much doubt all of them are like you say and the last thing we need is two forums in the QL scene that don't have anything better to do than exchange hate-posts.

my 2ct,
Tobias
Modified: now are simply...TROLLS ;)

Outsoft
Super Gold Card

Post by Outsoft »

RWAP wrote:I am not trying to have a go at anyone - just reflective of the difficulties anyone preserving QL software faces...

I am still waiting however, to hear who is going to make any further progress vis-a-vis preservation and maybe accept any of the jobs I started this thread with. There is unfortunately, a great deal of silence on that score..... :(
I think the same ;)

1024MAK
Super Gold Card

Post by 1024MAK »

For those that dispute the copyright issue, read this.

Mark

:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer in Somerset later in the year :)

QL, Falcon, Atari 520STFM, Atari 1040STE, more PC's than I care to count and an assortment of 8 bit micros (Sinclair and Acorn)(nearly forgot the Psion's)
Outsoft
Super Gold Card

Post by Outsoft »

On the Spanish forum...they continue open new threads and talking about...the same things...

"tras la movida de los derechos de QL... sepamos que pasó "

"Copyrights, derechos, patentes de corso y demás mitología a debate "

Like Rich is the DEVIL and me the FRIEND of the devil...

They really won't believe that...there will be every kind of legal owner of a QL program that can ask to us to stop linking copyrighted SW...

No words about it...

And naturally are criticize also the posts on QL USER ML list too.

The "good thing" is that...no one can reply on that forum because...they ban you ;)

Well I repeat for the last time: If we can't reply...there is no freedom...and so...we will go on and we will never stop only because...they all want all for free without help...or ask for doing something legally.

MaxRaf
ROM Dongle

Post by MaxRaf »

I agree :-(.

From now on we should replace the usual "Don't feed the trolls" with "Don't feed the spanish guys" :mrgreen:

Sad but true.
After all the hard work we are doing for the QL scene.

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

I am not sure what your problem is:

Someone writes something on the internet.

So what? I couldn't care less.

Sorry, but that needs to be said.

I have bigger problems here, like why acp cannot unzip a file on my new file system driver....

Tobias

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
MaxRaf
ROM Dongle

Post by MaxRaf »

tofro wrote:I have bigger problems here, like why acp cannot unzip a file on my new file system driver....
:D

You're right.
The only problem is: after someone (Rich, Simone, all the preservation team including myself etc.) did and is still doing a lot of work for preservation, he would expect positive reactions, not harsh posts.
Ok, they were forced to take out copyrighted programs from their website, but HEY, it's the law.

Outsoft
Super Gold Card

Post by Outsoft »

tofro wrote:I am not sure what your problem is:

Someone writes something on the internet.

So what? I couldn't care less.

Sorry, but that needs to be said.

I have bigger problems here, like why acp cannot unzip a file on my new file system driver....

Tobias
The problem is: all can write something on a forum but all need to be in the possibility to reply If they told false things.

Or not? ;)

They ban all that are not in right with them or, better, they ban all that defend the rights of a person that have the rights to denunce him really (and not in anonymous ways as someone else do it).

So don't worry that we will go as we are doing every day in the last 2 years.
Last edited by Outsoft on Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.