QDT Freeware version

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
RWAP
RWAP Master

QDT Freeware version

Postby RWAP » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:07 pm

I was having a play with the Distribution version of QPC2 with the various installed public domain software.

Part of this is the QDT freeware version. However, if I open a QDT folder and click on 'Create new Object' nothing happens...

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem is ? It works in the v1.02 full release which I normally use on my own QPC2. I initially thought it might be because menu_rext was missing (as this normally requires payment of a royalty on copies sold) - however, checking the boot file, I realised that Jochen had agreed to menu_rext being part of the distribution and it is indeed linked in.

RWAP
RWAP Master

Re: QDT Freeware version

Postby RWAP » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:34 am

Oh dear :(

Ralf R.

Postby Ralf R. » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:30 pm

Has Jochen changed any parameters? Does other programs also have problems with v8?

Giorgio Garabello
Trump Card

Postby Giorgio Garabello » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:23 pm

Ralf R. wrote:Has Jochen changed any parameters? Does other programs also have problems with v8?

i don't kwon what's changed.
I only know that come back tu the 7.02 version QDT works perfeclty

Giorgio

Ralf R.

Postby Ralf R. » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:18 pm

So which could be blamed? QDT or Menu_rext? I also had a few crashes once I bought the latest QDT under QPC 3.x. Never knew why. So I ommitted QDT. Was my badest invest.

RWAP
RWAP Master

Postby RWAP » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:29 pm

As part of this, I have been talking to Jim Hunkins about maybe putting the source code to QDT on SourceForge - Jim is concerned that the code is not very tidy and not at all commented, and he would not be able to provide any support on the code.

However, I am sure that it could be worked through by some c68 / QPtr officienados to at least tidy up the code and work out what each section does....

I guess one of the first tasks (other than the commenting) would be to check how it interfaces with Menu_rext and find out why it does not seem to work with v8

tofro
QL Wafer Drive

Postby tofro » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:54 pm

Any source code (be it as un-commented and untidy as can be) is better than no source code.

Would really appreciate if the source code could be made available.

Tobias

XorA
Gold Card

Postby XorA » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:21 am

Jim is concerned that the code is not very tidy and not at all commented, and he would not be able to provide any support on the code.

This is a common reaction in my job, but almost always people take the source clean it, improve it and make things more awesome!

Giorgio Garabello
Trump Card

Postby Giorgio Garabello » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:45 am

The source code can be analyzed calmly, piece by piece and then commented .
If it is the open source project ( as SMSQ / E) we can work many people
with different roles ( developers , beta testers , people who maintain documentation etc ... )
QDT is an important project for the QL that deserves a certain commitment in terms of time .
Last edited by Giorgio Garabello on Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Software & Programming”