QDT Freeware version

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
RWAP
RWAP Master

QDT Freeware version

Post by RWAP »

I was having a play with the Distribution version of QPC2 with the various installed public domain software.

Part of this is the QDT freeware version. However, if I open a QDT folder and click on 'Create new Object' nothing happens...

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem is ? It works in the v1.02 full release which I normally use on my own QPC2. I initially thought it might be because menu_rext was missing (as this normally requires payment of a royalty on copies sold) - however, checking the boot file, I realised that Jochen had agreed to menu_rext being part of the distribution and it is indeed linked in.

Giorgio Garabello
Gold Card

Re: QDT Freeware version

Post by Giorgio Garabello »

the problem is that QDT nto support MENU_REXT 8

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

Oh dear :(

Ralf R.

Post by Ralf R. »

Has Jochen changed any parameters? Does other programs also have problems with v8?

Giorgio Garabello
Gold Card

Ralf R. wrote:Has Jochen changed any parameters? Does other programs also have problems with v8?
i don't kwon what's changed.
I only know that come back tu the 7.02 version QDT works perfeclty

Giorgio

Ralf R.

Post by Ralf R. »

So which could be blamed? QDT or Menu_rext? I also had a few crashes once I bought the latest QDT under QPC 3.x. Never knew why. So I ommitted QDT. Was my badest invest.

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

As part of this, I have been talking to Jim Hunkins about maybe putting the source code to QDT on SourceForge - Jim is concerned that the code is not very tidy and not at all commented, and he would not be able to provide any support on the code.

However, I am sure that it could be worked through by some c68 / QPtr officienados to at least tidy up the code and work out what each section does....

I guess one of the first tasks (other than the commenting) would be to check how it interfaces with Menu_rext and find out why it does not seem to work with v8

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

Any source code (be it as un-commented and untidy as can be) is better than no source code.

Would really appreciate if the source code could be made available.

Tobias

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

Jim is concerned that the code is not very tidy and not at all commented, and he would not be able to provide any support on the code.
This is a common reaction in my job, but almost always people take the source clean it, improve it and make things more awesome!

Giorgio Garabello
Gold Card

The source code can be analyzed calmly, piece by piece and then commented .
If it is the open source project ( as SMSQ / E) we can work many people
with different roles ( developers , beta testers , people who maintain documentation etc ... )
QDT is an important project for the QL that deserves a certain commitment in terms of time .
Last edited by Giorgio Garabello on Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.