Status of QMON

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
janbredenbeek
Super Gold Card

Re: Status of QMON

Post by janbredenbeek »

I noticed that there is a copy of QMON in the QLE 3.17 distribution, in the SYS subdirectory. However this appears to be corrupted, it crashes every time I try to run it even on BBQLs.

Jan.

olifink
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by olifink »

did anything ever come out of this? do we know what the status of QMON/JMON is nowadays?

O

janbredenbeek
Super Gold Card

Post by janbredenbeek »

olifink wrote:did anything ever come out of this? do we know what the status of QMON/JMON is nowadays?
QL/E 3.18 has a working version. Still don't know about the legal status though.

Jan

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

I will release QMON sooner or later, I've made a few modifications over the years. The problem is as usual the manual, not even Jochen has the English version, he just did the German translation. Anybody up for re-creating it as a Word document or whatever so that I can include my additions?

Marcel

olifink
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by olifink »

mk79 wrote:Anybody up for re-creating it as a Word document or whatever so that I can include my additions?
yep, I can do that. I'll get started using the content from the DP QMon II PDF as a basis, unless you/anyone has a better starting point.

Also (being me) I'm doing a couple of Quick Ref Guides/Cards (for GST/Quanta MA/Linker, GSTQC, and :shock: sigh, SBASIC and TK2 and other extras I can't remember how to use anymore)

O

Martin_Head
Aurora

Post by Martin_Head »

I've got a English QMONII manual, on pink paper. It's a Digital Precision one, so I don't know if its the same as Olifink's.

On the back page it talks about updates for version 2.06

Just say if you would like it scanned (file type/resolution), or I could try to OCR it.

duncan
ROM Dongle

Post by duncan »

Hello, I have the QMON manual that came with DP's collection as a PERFECTION document. I can convert this to word or PDF. I just don't have the time at the moment but can do so this evening.

Duncan

olifink
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by olifink »

I have the file PDF from one of the earlier posts in this thread.
duncan wrote:I have the QMON manual that came with DP's collection as a PERFECTION document. I can convert this to word or PDF.
Great, if you can share the PERFECTION file then I'll use that as a baseline for the current version - saves me quite some typing and is probably already the manual Marcel is looking for. Anyway, I'd still make a Word version.

Also: if anyone has the original Sinclair QL Monitor manual (it was on eBay a couple of months back, but I was too late :x ) I would like to convert that as well for posterity (I'm aspiring to make it look as perfect to original as Dilwyns Quill manual conversion).

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

olifink wrote:Also: if anyone has the original Sinclair QL Monitor manual (it was on eBay a couple of months back, but I was too late :x ) I would like to convert that as well for posterity (I'm aspiring to make it look as perfect to original as Dilwyns Quill manual conversion).
I *think* I still have mine in the attic, I will look for it this afternoon.

If I do find it, I could try to scan it. What sort of file would be best for you - for example, JPEG scans?

pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

I dont get it: Theres an excellent QMON2 pdf manual out there. Well made, with navigable chapter heading etc. Got it about one year ago, but cant remember from where.. MK, perhaps?

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?