Q-emulator + SuperForth from Digital Precision = error

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
RWAP
RWAP Master

Re: Q-emulator + SuperForth from Digital Precision = error

Post by RWAP »

What are you looking for QL wise? I have fully tested and working QLs available for £65 + postage. A user manual is an extra £5

If you want a boxed one, I have several boxes in fair condition - prices for a boxed QL would be £100- £120 dependent on condition of box.

Postage to France is £25.

EmmBee
Trump Card

Post by EmmBee »

78squirel78 wrote:- I can't attach the SuperForth ZIP file through the "Dir/Zip/...." attachment tool.
Hi Guy,

You are needing to correctly mount the zip file in Q-EmuLator. This cannot be done with the "Attach Directory..." option. Instead, click on "ZIP/QLPAK Archive..." From there, a pop-up window will appear. Using the tools provided, navigate to where the SuperForth zipfile is stored. In the File name box start typing the name, and a list of files should appear, where one of these can be selected. Finally, click on OPEN to complete.

No changes should be necessary. The idea is to mount the zipfile into drive slot 2, and create a blank directory for use in the win1_ drive slot (mounted using the "Attach Directory..." option). Then use WCOPY flp2_ TO win1_ and press "A" to copy all the files across. Finally, ... LRUN win1_BOOT.

Should anything go wrong, we hope you can provide us with a screenshot of the error message. From there we can continue with the on-line interactive debugging. We are all hoping you can get SuperForth up and running on the QL. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Kind regards, Michael

EmmBee

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

The problem could be that 78squirel78 doesn't have a registered version of q-emulator - I have only this week realised that the unregistered version does not have the ability to attach a zip / qlpak archive.

The other option of course is to use unzip from within q-emulator itself.

Maybe someone could copy the files into a windows folder and then zip that up to pass to 78squirel78.

78squirel78
ROM Dongle

Post by 78squirel78 »

Hi all,

Mounting Zip file is Ok. I don't know if this was the problem, but I suddenly read somewhere that higher
than level 2 of directory, made the mount fail.
So I copied the zip file at level 1 and WCOPYing to a BLANK win directory also at level 1 went fine, and it was ending the problem. I have a QL internal unzziped files in the blank flp1_ in wich I can now work fine (As it was mentionned in a higher post).

Entering fingers in the QL environment from scratch is a very special exercice !!!
But I caught what I wanted: the SuperForth from Digital Precision.
I will compare it to other Forth running under QL.

Many thanks to all of you !

Guy