Aurora Minerva Boot Error

The Thor, Aurora, Q40, Q60 & Q68 etc. are discussed here.
XorA
Site Admin

Re: Aurora Minerva Boot Error

Post by XorA »

Pr0f wrote:I wonder if the Aurora can be used to provide the ROM port?
Just re-read the manual and noticed the extended rom slot that I missed before, Ill have to dig in my spares for a suitable connector but that should be simple to construct.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

XorA wrote:
Just re-read the manual and noticed the extended rom slot that I missed before, Ill have to dig in my spares for a suitable connector but that should be simple to construct.
Qubbesoft used to supply a IDC cable to enable normal QL Roms to be attached to the Aurora enhanced Rom Port.

I did have one of these a while back and might even of made one. It is just a matter of connecting the QL Rom port ccnnections, see the Aurora manual.

Or is that something I could make?

I was also thinking about more Aurora boards, but I thought Tetroid was looking into this, is there are interest?

Regards,

Derek
XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

Derek_Stewart wrote:
XorA wrote:
Qubbesoft used to supply a IDC cable to enable normal QL Roms to be attached to the Aurora enhanced Rom Port.

I did have one of these a while back and might even of made one. It is just a matter of connecting the QL Rom port ccnnections, see the Aurora manual.

Or is that something I could make?

I was also thinking about more Aurora boards, but I thought Tetroid was looking into this, is there are interest?
The last I heard 2nd hand was Tetroid couldn't extract the code from one of the chips. But I don't have any details!

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

XorA wrote:
Here's one that someone (sorry, forgot who) made for my Aurora once.

It's right angled. Hard to see, but the QL EPROM slot part doesn't have a real "key", it's either a wire soldered in at the appropriate place or just a blob of solder to ensure you don't plug something in upside down.

The MPlane backplane has an extended ROM port which is often easier to use as this tends to bend over some internal cables which tend to get in the way.
aurora_romport_adaptor2.jpg
aurora_romport_adaptor1.jpg