Q68 Ethernet

The Thor, Aurora, Q40, Q60 & Q68 etc. are discussed here.
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Re: Q68 Ethernet

Postby Derek_Stewart » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:49 pm

tofro wrote:
Peter wrote:
Derek_Stewart wrote:A big problem with SLIP is lack of Windows support. At least I never found a solution. SLIP would more or less restrict the other end to Linux/Unix.

Yes, there doesn't seem to be one, at least not for relatively recent Windows or MacOS X versions. And it's highly unlikely that someone will provide one - SLIP has been obsolete for years, replaced by the (largely MS-driven development of) PPP.

Hi,

I do not use Windows or MacOS X, does mean it is a non starter, as there seems to be only 2 operating systems... oh I forgot the the one I use; Linux.

Regards,

Derek
tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Re: Q68 Ethernet

Postby tofro » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:50 pm

Derek_Stewart wrote:
tofro wrote:
Peter wrote:

Yes, there doesn't seem to be one, at least not for relatively recent Windows or MacOS X versions. And it's highly unlikely that someone will provide one - SLIP has been obsolete for years, replaced by the (largely MS-driven development of) PPP.

Hi,

I do not use Windows or MacOS X, does mean it is a non starter, as there seems to be only 2 operating systems... oh I forgot the the one I use; Linux.

I considered it obvious that Linux in fact does support SLIP (and has always done).

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO