*SOLVED* SERMOUSE on QL with SMSQ/E

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Re: SERMOUSE on QL with SMSQ/E

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I think what you have to do is, load Config or Menuconfig and go to the SMSQE sction of the Config Block. There is an option to Ignore the QIMI Interface, set this "Yes". You may want to set the default Colour Depth "QL" or 256 and set the ABC Keyboard to Igonore, assuming you are not using a ABC Keyboard.

You will have set the correct Baud Rate with the Baud command to suit the mouse, this maybe 1200 Baud , but check your mouse manual.

Derek

Regards,

Derek
genetika
Over Heated PSU

Post by genetika »

OK... I was not capable to use the Sermouse driver on a standard QL with SuperGoldCard.. :( :(
I've installed a superHermes card on my system.
QL+SuperGoldCard+SuperHermes+Minerva......

BOOT SEQUENCE :
- QL BOOT
- SMSQ/E BOOT (with QIMI disabled)
- IPCEXT_BIN BOOT ( superHermes )
- IPCMOUSE (open the SER6 serial port for input - mouse)
- IPCLED
oppss!! The SERMOUSE could only be configured to use SER1 or SER2 .. but now, with the SuperHermer, I've the Mouse on SER6 !!!! .... :( :( :( :( :(

I've tried with the following command (from the SuperHermes manual):

Code: Select all

OPEN#3;'ser2\6 b1200 u80 p u80':CLOSE#3
(SER6->SER2)
without success!! :( :( :(
I received an error ... but the command was OK with ser2\3 as described in the manual.

I know .. I'm not a SYSTEM ENGINEER and a QL EXPERT ... but, how I can be able to use a serial mouse on a STANDARD QL !?

H E L P !!!!! :D :D :D :D

Your help will be really appreciated ..

Kind regards... Massimino

genetika
Over Heated PSU

Post by genetika »

... from the SUPERHERMES MANUAL UPDATES - March 1, 1995 -:
" MOUSE The mouse will not work until the pointer environment is loaded. After this use IPCMOUSE command to set up your mouse. eg IPCMOUSE (no parameters) will set up the driver on serial 6 (labelled MOUSE on the circuit board). Make sure no other mice drivers (eg Hessler) or hardware (qimi) are present. The mouse driver will handle Mouse systems (3 button) and Microsoft mice automatically. IPCMOUSE now only accepts one parameter: 4,5 or 6 to autodetect on port 4,5 or 6 respectively A negative parameter turns off the mouse, but you do not need to use this command to move the mouse from one port to another - our extensions do an implicit close. IPCSLOW Syntax: IPCSLOW factor% A factor of zero to 7 will change the mouse acceleration. IPCSLOW 2 will be roughly equivalent to the QIMI mouse. A smaller factor gives a faster acceleration. This allows the acceleration of the mouse to be changed independently of the pointer environment value, thus not affecting the cursor key movement. (default 2 in config block) "
.. it seems that the SERMOUSE DRIVER must not be loaded ..

I will try .... ;)

Massimino

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

Sorry I have not been on here over the weekend.

If I had realised you were connecting the mouse via SuperHERMES, I could have pointed out that you just use the built in mouse driver on SuperHERMES - just enable it with IPCMOUSE 6.

:)

genetika
Over Heated PSU

Re: *SOLVED* SERMOUSE on QL with SMSQ/E

Post by genetika »

Dears!
The serial mouse is now up and running! :D :D :D :D :D
- SMSQ/E boot
- IPCEXTxx_BIN
- IPCMOUSE
THANKS !!!!! ;)
Massimino