Issue 8 QL PCB?

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
Dave
SandySuperQDave

Issue 8 QL PCB?

Post by Dave »

Has anyone ever seen one of these?

Dave

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Re: Issue 8 QL PCB?

Post by vanpeebles »

I don't think but I can't remember what issues my QLs are. I feel like I should be looking now :lol:

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

I've only ever seen Iss 5, 6 and 7 in my work. I remember hearing of an Iss. 8 PCB but never saw it with my own eyes. I was wondering where Sinclair was on updated designs when they stopped development.

I'm particularly interested in any board revisions that properly implemented serial.

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Dave wrote:I've only ever seen Iss 5, 6 and 7 in my work. I remember hearing of an Iss. 8 PCB but never saw it with my own eyes. I was wondering where Sinclair was on updated designs when they stopped development.

I'm particularly interested in any board revisions that properly implemented serial.
I'm not 100% sure on this - didn't Tony Tebby discuss these in his series of QL Today articles? I have seen the various PCB issues discussed somewhere but can't remember where :oops:

Dilwyn

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

I had a quick look in the QL Today pdfs on the Tony Tebby stuff and it's mainly about the start of the QL, it might be else where though.