SuperQBoard Replacement Manual

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
dilwyn
Mr QL

Re: SuperQBoard Replacement Manual

Post by dilwyn »

Thank you for searching, JY. I don't think there's anything in that list I particularly want scanned. All either done already or, as you say, possible copyright issues with software.

Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Post by Sparrowhawk »

Yep, didn't think so, but thought I'd list them just in case.

There is one end of the attic which is all paint pots and rollers and what not. When the temp drops a bit I'll go rummage down that end, but I doubt I packed any computer stuff there.

I'm now beginning to wonder whether I ever actualy got a manual - I bought the SQB via Super User Bureau as I think I got a small discount that way, and maybe to cut costs printed manuals were not provided. Not sure really, as I do have the TK2 manual, and I would have got that with the board so... :shruggingperson emoji if we had a few more emojis available...:

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Post by Sparrowhawk »

Well I found the Sandy SQB manual. It was cleverly hidden amongst... my other QL books in the spare room. :oops:
No idea how I missed it. Anyway, sorry, mine also is missing any mouse related info.

Maybe they supplied the mouse details on a separate addendum?

Uodate: actually it does mention the mouse, but only at the start of the manual in so far as to list the various configurations of the SQB that were available at the time.

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Sparrowhawk wrote:Well I found the Sandy SQB manual. It was cleverly hidden amongst... my other QL books in the spare room. :oops:
No idea how I missed it. Anyway, sorry, mine also is missing any mouse related info.

Maybe they supplied the mouse details on a separate addendum?

Uodate: actually it does mention the mouse, but only at the start of the manual in so far as to list the various configurations of the SQB that were available at the time.
I don't want to impose too much - would it be possible for you to compare yours to the one that got added on my replacement manuals page at http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/docs/manuals/Su ... Manual.pdf to see if it's worth adding any extra information as an addendum or something?

Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Post by Sparrowhawk »

Not imposing at all. I'll take a look tomorrow.

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Post by Sparrowhawk »

Hi Dilwyn,

My manual is different. First off it's stapled, not ring bound, then it has some words differing here and there.

It also has that section near the start which details the various configuration available , including the mouse ones.

I can scan it for you if you like.

JY

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Sparrowhawk wrote:Hi Dilwyn,

My manual is different. First off it's stapled, not ring bound, then it has some words differing here and there.

It also has that section near the start which details the various configuration available , including the mouse ones.

I can scan it for you if you like.

JY
Scanning that extra part about the available configurations would be very helpful. Thank you.

Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Post by Sparrowhawk »

Dilwyn - I have sent you details of where to pick this up from. Too bog a file to post here, as I scanned at too high DPI I think.

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

Sparrowhawk wrote:Dilwyn - I have sent you details of where to pick this up from. Too bog a file to post here, as I scanned at too high DPI I think.
Do you also have the QRam manual mentioned in your Sandy manual? Somewhere must be mentioned, that you have to invoke the Pointer I/F with the command "POINTER" on the SQB mouse.

I never understand, why this was put into the ROM as every week there was a new one in these times from TT. WMAN had always be loaded separately from disk.

4E75 7000
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Here is a badly scanned non-OCRed QRAM manual.
qram.pdf
QRAM Manual
(695.01 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
I was going to OCR it and produce a better manual.

What is the status of QRAM?

Regards,

Derek