HELP again- GOLD CARD

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
mhanias
Brittle Membrane

Re: HELP again- GOLD CARD (back to life)

Post by mhanias »

I thank all of you for your advices.
The Gold card came back to life, simply pressing the CPU on its socket. I realised that the green, and distoring screen comes and go as pressing the CPU.
For now the gold card works over 3 hours with no problem.

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Re: HELP again- GOLD CARD

Post by Dave »

Sounds like time to hit that whole board with some contact cleaner, and to wiggle/reseat all the ICs.

Martin_Head
Aurora

Post by Martin_Head »

Does anyone have a circuit diagram for a Super Gold Card. Mine died some time ago, and I have not got around to trying to fix it yet.
I think I have a Trump Card, and a Gold Card diagram, but not the Super Gold Card.

I tried removing and refitting all the plug in IC's. And I think I tested all the RAM chips in my Gold Card.

Silvester
Gold Card

Post by Silvester »

Just seen your PM Peter - I have started new topic.

David
Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

I'm currently reverse engineering the layout of the SGC. If there isn't a published schematic I'll put mine up when it's done.

Silvester
Gold Card

Post by Silvester »

Dave wrote:I'm currently reverse engineering the layout of the SGC. If there isn't a published schematic I'll put mine up when it's done.
Nasta kindly sent me a paper copy of his schematic of the Gold card long time ago (1995?), I don't know if you have a copy, or if Nasta still has the original, but if not, if it is OK with him, I can scan it. Good luck with SGC schematic, not something I would contemplate rendering from mine, but it would be very useful.

David
Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

I don't want to bother Nasta with it as he's so very busy these days. Also, I'll be out of town for two weeks road tripping to Seattle to pick up a NeXT Cube and slab.