OqtaDrive

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
XorA
Site Admin

Re: OqtaDrive

Post by XorA »

TomDD wrote:For those interested in building your own I've updated the PCB to v1.2. This basically shifts and rotates the Nano so it can be mounted in a socket rather than direct solder.

Shared project is on PCBWay https://www.pcbway.com/project/sharepro ... a1c12.html

I also have a few to sell as I got 10 in the order and only really need 2 or 3. £4 each if you want one in glorious black :-)

IMG_9643.jpg
Ill take one, just need to see if my brother can print those stands for me :-D

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I already ordered 10 of the v1.1 in Black, waiting for the slow boat from China ..

Regards,

Derek
TomDD
ROM Dongle

Post by TomDD »

XorA wrote:
TomDD wrote:For those interested in building your own I've updated the PCB to v1.2. This basically shifts and rotates the Nano so it can be mounted in a socket rather than direct solder.

Shared project is on PCBWay https://www.pcbway.com/project/sharepro ... a1c12.html

I also have a few to sell as I got 10 in the order and only really need 2 or 3. £4 each if you want one in glorious black :-)

IMG_9643.jpg
Ill take one, just need to see if my brother can print those stands for me :-D
Apologies for the slow response, completely missed this. PM if you still want a PCB. I'm also going to pop a few on eBay with the stands printed.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I noticed on the German QL Forum, that the Banana Pi has had the Oqtadrive software ported over.

Is there any chance of the Pi Pico W being abled to be used on the Oqtadrive instead of the Pi Zero W, as the Pico seems easier to get a hold of...
Last edited by Derek_Stewart on Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Regards,

Derek
jobdone
Forum Moderator

Post by jobdone »

I don't think it needed porting to the bananapi or orangepi as the binaries would run on this architecture anyway. The Pico is more of a microcontroller so it would take fair bit more to get going and some extra hardware - some form of sd card adaptor etc.

xelalex
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by xelalex »

It's been a while since I last reported about OqtaDrive here. A lot has happened since then. An important change is that OqtaDrive has moved to a new home. The latest release is 0.3.4. If you're using OqtaDrive but did not notice the move to CodeBerg, have a look at the latest feature additions.

Happy hacking,
Alex

xelalex
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by xelalex »

There have been three more releases in the past three months. Here are the most important new features:

- client control - control OqtaDrive directly from your Spectrum and QL
- share the repo folder via WebDAV
- password protection for API endpoint
- support for Linino One board

...and more. All details here

xelalex
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by xelalex »

OqtaDrive 0.4.3 has been released. New features:

- ported Tom Dalby's TAP support
- added support for searching in & loading from ZXDB
- added WebDAV client - you can now also manage your repo files from within the browser
- search result pagination

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

Could a TZP file be loaded from the Oqtadrive into a Spectrum emulator on a QL?

Regards,

Derek
xelalex
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by xelalex »

Derek_Stewart wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:27 pm Could a TZP file be loaded from the Oqtadrive into a Spectrum emulator on a QL?
Didn't know there is such a thing :) Can the emulated Spectrum access the Microdrives of the QL? Also, is there any documentation for the TZP format? I haven't been aware of that one.