Aurora Cases

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
XorA
Site Admin

Aurora Cases

Post by XorA »

Anyone have any suggestions for modern cases that fit the Aurora + backplane + SGC nicely?

Fancy tidying up the one I have obtained!

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Re: Aurora Cases

Post by vanpeebles »

Do your boards end up like an E shape with the aurora or gold card upside down?

XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

vanpeebles wrote:Do your boards end up like an E shape with the aurora or gold card upside down?
No they are all the correct way up!

XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Ah, that's a way better setup than mine was :)

Pr0f
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Pr0f »

That's using the low profile backplane - that rig looks familiar ;-) Does it still have the funky green 'Q' button :-D

Pr0f
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Pr0f »

let me know if you are getting rid of that case - wouldn't mind putting something else in it again :-)

XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

Pr0f wrote:That's using the low profile backplane - that rig looks familiar ;-) Does it still have the funky green 'Q' button :-D
It does. That your old machine?

Pr0f
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Pr0f »

It was, it housed a hideous but very compact Amstrad 8088 PC, it was crying out for a QL! :-D

I see the temperamental hard disk has been ditched in favour of Solid state disk - a much better idea.

It got sold after redundancy to a guy in Godalming who had it as part of a computer magazine - he didn't care if it worked or not - which was sad. Glad to see it is still doing the rounds :-)

The PS/2 style connector on it's own at the back is I2C from the Minerva board - it is wired to match the pinout of the I2C boards that Elektor magazine published some years back - I have their CD of all past projects - I may be able to dig out the PDFS for those if you are at all interested in that area = PM me your email address. The 2 x 3.5mm jacks on the back are the QL network ports

XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

Pr0f wrote:It was, it housed a hideous but very compact Amstrad 8088 PC, it was crying out for a QL! :-D

I see the temperamental hard disk has been ditched in favour of Solid state disk - a much better idea.

It got sold after redundancy to a guy in Godalming who had it as part of a computer magazine - he didn't care if it worked or not - which was sad. Glad to see it is still doing the rounds :-)

The PS/2 style connector on it's own at the back is I2C from the Minerva board - it is wired to match the pinout of the I2C boards that Elektor magazine published some years back - I have their CD of all past projects - I may be able to dig out the PDFS for those if you are at all interested in that area = PM me your email address. The 2 x 3.5mm jacks on the back are the QL network ports
The picture is how I got it, the previous owner added the solid state disk and reset switch (and I believe changed the qubide card as old had failed). The reason I was thinking of re-housing was I am trying to debug why the minerva RAM test is trying to test ROM, and obviously failing at that test. This may mean I need to dismantle it anyway.

Im going to change the floppy for a Gotek device for easier loading of software onto it.

Graeme