Gotek 720K

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
mhanias
Brittle Membrane

Gotek 720K

Post by mhanias »

I want to use a gotek 720K as a floppy with my trump and gold card. Is there a specific model?

Michael

mselkin
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Re: Gotek 720K

Post by mselkin »

I used this and it works very well:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/184776346318

Cristian
Aurora

Post by Cristian »

I suggest to refer to the link below, and choose one of the FlashFloppy compatible models.
With about 10 € you may buy a compatible Gotek and easily install the FlashFloppy firmware, which allows to handle not only the normal 720K floppy images, but also the GoldCard 1,44 and even 3.2 MB ones 8-)

https://github.com/keirf/FlashFloppy/wi ... patibility

Tesla
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by Tesla »

Hi to all.
A question. Is it possible to make a bootstrap of the Ql from an image of the Gotek, containing obviously a boot file?
Thanks to all those who want to answer me.

Best regards.

stephen_usher
Gold Card

Post by stephen_usher »

Well, the files you'd store on the USB drive you put into a Gotek are merely pure images of the contents of a floppy disk, as you would use with "rawwrite.exe" on a PC*.

I'm not sure what you mean by "bootstrap". If you want a set of images on the USB drive then you have to create the empty files of the correct size first and then you can select them on the Gotek and format them from the QL as if they were a normal floppy disk.

* Other raw disk image read/write programs are available and vary between platforms.

Cristian
Aurora

Post by Cristian »

Hi Tesla,
whatever you can do with a real floppy, can be done with Gotek. The QL cannot distinguish between Gotek and a real floppy drive.

Tesla
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by Tesla »

Thanks to Stephen and Cristian for yours answers.
For Stephen, with bootstrap I meant the normal starting of the Ql from a boot program.

Ciao.