QL-SD news

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
mk79
QL Wafer Drive

QL-SD news

Post by mk79 »

Many may have already seen it, but there is some update to the new internal QL-SD here https://www.kilgus.net/2021/04/29/ql-sd-rom-tiny/

I have also mentioned a new batch of QL-SDs in a thread here. The background around this is that I ordered a few board when I ordered something else and had to pay postage anyway. Didn't even want to use them, but one user approached me and asked for one because the internal variant made much more sense with his special hardware. The problem was that the new boards were standard 1.6mm thick while the production run was 1mm, making the pins I have in stock too short for my comfort. There is only one other pin that is longer, but it's very expensive and only officially available at one vendor. After weeks of trying to procure the pins elsewhere I gave up and ordered over 100€ of pins because less didn't make sense when postage alone is almost 10€. With those now here of course it also didn't make sense to just build one board anymore, so I build 8 more , cursing all the way as I had vowed to never build them in numbers again. The first board almost took me two hours. The kicker is that the person originally asking for it didn't want it anymore after all this time... but this is the story why there will be 8 (one is already spoken for) more original internal QL-SD v2 boards with double-SD MDV adapter on SellMyRetro if Rich is willing.

All the best, Marcel

afx
Trump Card

Re: QL-SD news

Post by afx »

mk79 wrote:Many may have already seen it, but there is some update to the new internal QL-SD here https://www.kilgus.net/2021/04/29/ql-sd-rom-tiny/
:o :o

Thanks Marcel for that update.

There is a lot progress in the new QL-SD ROM, that tiny version is a success! Great as always.

I will definitely want one when they are available.

jdavis6809
ROM Dongle

Post by jdavis6809 »

thanks for update

looking for two when available

regards

john davis

mselkin
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by mselkin »

I would like to purchase one too. Seems the 8 will go quickly.

Popopo
Trump Card

Post by Popopo »

I would like one too, depending on the price. :)