Sinclair QL Factory Test Jig

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Re: Sinclair QL Factory Test Jig

Post by Chr$ »

Silvester wrote:
Chr$ wrote:
Silvester wrote: PM your address and I'll pop it the post.
Ignore the above, button came today! PM me when you see this, I need to send you some money.
Wow, that took a while. It was posted on 29th March - two weeks and a day - I've had stuff quicker from China recently. It must be Covid, Brexit, or both.

It wouldn't pass through the 0.5cm gauge so it went as Int. Std. Large Letter (apparently EU are now being unduly strict).

I need to do some MDV pads sometime so be interested in some suitable felt (cut up old cassette pads didn't prove too reliable), I'll PM you later.
Funny thing is, there was a sticker on it telling me they had to work out the address and that's why it took longer. But the address you wrote was perfectly clear and absolutely correct, apart from perhaps the D in dorf may have looked a little like a P, but really very minor and entirely unmistakable, as I can't imagine there are many/any German places that end in -porf, as opposed to many thousands (hundreds of thousands?) that end in -dorf!

(German forum members here, for fun, please find me some German places that end in -porf ;) )

Anyway, the button is now in place on the test box thing and it's like it has always been there.

https://QXL.WIN
Collector of QL related computers, accessories and QL games/software.
Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.