eBay item

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Re: eBay item

Post by vanpeebles »

Gah lost out again! :cry:

twellys
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by twellys »

Erm... I won the blue-boxed ql - I'll post piccies when it arrives.

I'm shocked about the Metacomo Pascal pricee - however I've got another one that I'm thinking of selling. :)

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

So it was you!! *dramatic music-dun-dun-dah!!* :o I demand lots of pics, I also want to know if that lump on the right is actually fixed to the case or freestanding? :geek:

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

If you need the interface between the QL and a Q+4, I think I have found one in my boxes of stuff....

Maybe that is what the lump is....

twellys
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by twellys »

The lump is on the microdrive end tho', not the expansion connector end. :? Prob. the lump is diy keyboard connector?

Thanks for the offer of the interface between QL + Q+4. From what I can see, the Q+4 is actually the Q+4 cardboard box, so might not be anything inside it... :cry:

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

Looking at the picture again, I have it - the QL is sprayed blue - the lump on the right hand side is the external case for a Jurgen Falkenberg keyboard interface.

The black (heavy) metal casing of the Q+4 is clearly shown underneath the blue QL.

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

vanpeebles wrote:Eeeee I wonder why it didn't sell? The first time it sold for around £90, also Mister Smith sounds like a rare game, the QL wiki has it down as missing in action.
I wouldn't mind getting a couple of the cartridges, but at £5 each untested plus £3 postage for a microdrive cartridge on its own, it's a darn liberty !!

I bet the cartridges are all missing their felt pads - that's why he won't accept returns!

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

If I put a bid in for Mister Smith do you think a QL master such as yourself could do something with the microdrive if I sent it to you?

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

vanpeebles wrote:If I put a bid in for Mister Smith do you think a QL master such as yourself could do something with the microdrive if I sent it to you?
Yes, but only if the felt pad is intact - actually, don't worry too much about this - I spoke with John Southern at the Quanta show who said he has it on disk :)

twellys
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by twellys »

Well the blue-boxed QL has been dispatched today apparently (so long!) - with the age of the 10 second kiddies, me included (mental age), why does post etc take too long?!