QL Mainboard mechanical drawing

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
Peter
QL Wafer Drive

QL Mainboard mechanical drawing

Post by Peter »

Hi,
is there a drawing of the QL mainboard, with mechanical dimensions, outline, connector locations, etc.?
Thanks
Peter

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Re: QL Mainboard mechanical drawing

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi Peter,

The omly information I have seen is in the QL Service Manual, which does not have any mechanical drawings of the QL PCB, Case, Keyboard mountings.

I guess the there was a design file with this information prior to the launch of the QL, with all the mechanical design information. But I think this will of being lost.

I was going do a Mechanical drawing in Freecad, of the keyboard, to detail the keyboard switch positions. Maybe I could e tend this to other parts of the QL.

Freecad is a parametric 3D modelling software with limited 2D facilities.
Last edited by Derek_Stewart on Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Regards,

Derek
Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

I did this in around 2004. It’s a couple of computers ago, but if the file still exists I’ll find it. It also included variations of positions of internal connectors.

Peter
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Peter »

Dave wrote:I did this in around 2004. It’s a couple of computers ago, but if the file still exists I’ll find it. It also included variations of positions of internal connectors.
Many thanks Dave, that would be cool!

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

I've been through all the machines in the house and not found it yet. I have two machines in storage that it might be on. I'll dig them out.

Peter
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Peter »

Thank you Dave, but please no further efforts, that would be more than if I do a little measuring.