NEW PSU?

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
mhanias
Brittle Membrane

NEW PSU?

Post by mhanias »

After the 3D printer QL power plugs, any idea for a new modern PSU?

Michael

Levas
ROM Dongle

Re: NEW PSU?

Post by Levas »

I am not history lover. I am planing to modify QL to accept generic "wall brick". Modern technologies will fit DC/DC converters on small part of heatsink. This mod will give "any" (6...16+V) center positive input and generate +5V, -12V and +12V internally. It is only about 5W of power for bare QL. I am doing such mods on all my collection.

--
Greetings from Lithuania. We have computers here too.
Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

mhanias wrote:After the 3D printer QL power plugs, any idea for a new modern PSU?

Michael
Charles Ingley in NZ has already made one and is selling it... on SellMyRetro I think, while stocks last.

https://QXL.WIN
Collector of QL related computers, accessories and QL games/software.
Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Post by bwinkel67 »

Yes, I got mine last month. He created a beautiful case for it and the connector plug he 3D printed is spot on. You basically plug a standard AC to DC wall adapter into it so it's compatible on all continents. It's also not very expensive so no need to mod the QL unless it's just for the fun of it.

Seeker
ROM Dongle

Post by Seeker »

DO you have a link to the PSU? I can't seem to find it by searching on sellmyretro.
Thanks.

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

All sold I think :(

bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Post by bwinkel67 »

Seeker wrote:DO you have a link to the PSU? I can't seem to find it by searching on sellmyretro.
Thanks.
You may want to contact Charlie directly to get an idea of when the next batch is available (or he may have some but not posted on sellmyretro).

https://vdrivezx.com/news