Eidersoft (M)ICE Eprom question.

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Re: Eidersoft (M)ICE Eprom question.

Post by Chr$ »

Peter wrote:
bwinkel67 wrote:Looks like they re-created a MICE version that could take a standard mouse...pretty cool.
Yeah, it works fine. If you have questions, or want to rebuild it, you can ask QLObi on this forum.
Note that it is not an actual USB input, just PS/2, using the USB connector for combo mice.
I like that re-made board and the thread on the German forum and didn't know until just now that QLObi was also a member here. Could be a little project for me to one day get my non-mouse ICE device populated and to work with a newer mouse.

But if my basic grasp of this is correct... the (M)ICE ROM device can only ever work with the GUI software in contains on it's own ROM and isn't of any use as a means of getting a mouse to work elsewhere, e.g. with the more widely established Pointer Environment?

https://QXL.WIN
Collector of QL related computers, accessories and QL games/software.
Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
robheaton
Site Admin

Post by robheaton »

I've been in touch with Dilwyn, he's taking a break from all things QL at the moment.

He deserves the downtime and hopefully he'll be back with us soon.

--
If vanpeebles parps in the woods and there is nobody around, does it make a sound?
Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

robheaton wrote:I've been in touch with Dilwyn, he's taking a break from all things QL at the moment.

He deserves the downtime and hopefully he'll be back with us soon.
That makes me feel a little worse now! But let me be the first to sincerely wish him all the best. He's such an important QLer and hopefully he'll be back soon.

https://QXL.WIN
Collector of QL related computers, accessories and QL games/software.
Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Chr$ wrote:
Peter wrote:
bwinkel67 wrote:Looks like they re-created a MICE version that could take a standard mouse...pretty cool.
Yeah, it works fine. If you have questions, or want to rebuild it, you can ask QLObi on this forum.
Note that it is not an actual USB input, just PS/2, using the USB connector for combo mice.
I like that re-made board and the thread on the German forum and didn't know until just now that QLObi was also a member here. Could be a little project for me to one day get my non-mouse ICE device populated and to work with a newer mouse.

But if my basic grasp of this is correct... the (M)ICE ROM device can only ever work with the GUI software in contains on it's own ROM and isn't of any use as a means of getting a mouse to work elsewhere, e.g. with the more widely established Pointer Environment?
QLObi showed me these at the show in Edinburgh, he had made a superb job of them. Two boards connected together in a neat package.