On the other hand I vowed to never do another batch because QL-SD is very time consuming to produce by hand. It looks easy, but start to finish it could take 1-2 hours, especially if there was a problem. Also, I learned the hard way that offering too many variants is a pain as it means that stuff can only be pre-produced up to a point (idiot me offered 12 possible variants).
All this was part of the reason I started QL-SD ROM, which is a single board solution, doing away with having to make two boards and the cable connecting them. But the internal variant also still does have its charm, so I've been thinking about letting the Chinese do the SMD soldering and me "only" doing the rest. It's still a lot, but this way most errors are already eliminated, so time for debugging at least should be minimal.
All in all I currently have 4 possible variants:
- QL-SD ROM with one big SD sockets
- QL-SD ROM with two microSD sockets
- Internal QL-SD with microSD board
- Internal QL-SD with single SD board
All the best, Marcel